Can keyloggers record putty sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can keyloggers record putty sessions?

I'm curious what all is involved in recording putty sessions with a keylogger.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk

Most keyloggers I know of can record anything. It would depend if the logger is able to log what program the keystrokes are being logged in. Otherwise it's going to come up with IP's.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Keyloggers will mirror all typed commands into a locally hidden txt file most times.

If keylogger is installed and active, it will record user/pass and all commands typed during the putty session. It operates at a layer below the application.

If you have a putty session with cached user/pass, then you would not be typing therefore no keylogger data there, but yes for typed commands after auth. (and anything else you physically type on the keyboard during the active logger session.)
      Last edited by mustang_revival; 04-08-2014, 10:22 AM.
      WRX

Comment

extraputty has logging built in, what are you using a keylogger for?

Comment

I dont want to log my own putty sessions. I know keyloggers can monitor what I enter, I was wondering about putty session output. Like if someone entered show run. on a cisco router.

Comment

Depending on the key logger, some could tell what you're logging into. Can you log in somewhere through VPN and then putty into your router?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Yes.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
              X