number porting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number porting question

I have ATT with the unlimited data, and I want to port my current number to google voice. Is there anyway to port my number without att canceling my service? Could I call att, change my number then have google port the number I just had changed or will the # be dead and useless?

lol

Comment

Just use the forwarding feature to add your existing phone and be done with it.

Your AT&T will get cancelled if you port the number and there will be a fee. Then you'll have to set up a new plan.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        Just use the forwarding feature to add your existing phone and be done with it.

Your AT&T will get cancelled if you port the number and there will be a fee. Then you'll have to set up a new plan.
        Those God damn haters

Comment

Any time you port a number out, the request comes back to the carrier you have and they take it as you leaving and cancel the line then send you a final bill in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
            Any time you port a number out, the request comes back to the carrier you have and they take it as you leaving and cancel the line then send you a final bill in the mail.
            what if I change the number then immediately port the number to google?

Comment

If you're wanting a different number to give out than your cell number or getting unsolicited calls, change the number, then add it to your Google Voice account and only give it( Google Voice) out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                what if I change the number then immediately port the number to google?
                Then you would still be on the same account, and it would still cancel that plan with the original number, and the number wouldn't be available to port for 90 days because when a number is changed, the old one goes into a hold status, after 90 days you can attempt to get it back, but you'll have a very hard time doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  If you're wanting a different number to give out than your cell number or getting unsolicited calls, change the number, then add it to your Google Voice account and only give it( Google Voice) out.
                  Im wanting to change my day to day number so my phone doesnt ring as much, but so many people have my # I have now, I dont want to disconnect it.

Comment

Working...
                  X