AT&T FAST (Uverse with Gigapower)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T FAST (Uverse with Gigapower)

After 5 weeks of waiting, it looks like I will be getting this service installed on Thursday. I've had Uverse for years at their max of 24 mbs. This is fiber to the premises, so it will initially be 45 mbs. They're promising that by June, however, we'll be turned up to 1 gigabit per second at no additional charge.

I know that Austin has been the test market for this, and that speeds have been clocked at around 300 up/340 down. Does anybody here have experience with this service?

cost?

Comment

Internet, phone, U300 for $108 +taxes

Comment

Are you in austin or dfw?

Comment

Fort Worth (Alliance)

Comment

Sounds promising, hopefully they roll this out everywhere soon. I've had uverse for years and it's been ok, Internet could be better by far though.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
              Internet, phone, U300 for $108 +taxes
              Damn, I'm getting fucked sideways. I cough up $160 for just the 6M service and U200 with one DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Damn, I'm getting fucked sideways. I cough up $160 for just the 6M service and U200 with one DVR.
                U200 and 18mbps here with 2 dvrs for $99. Also with the 1 year contract, though.

Comment

Mine has been 24mbs, U200, 1 dvr and 4 wireless receivers for years at $135.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    call and bitch, they will lower it
                    I have to call every year
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I was on U450HD, 12mbps, phone, one receiver, one DVR, $172/mo

I had been month-to-month for a few years and the rate was high, but steady. It went to $205 last month with no explanation. Maybe an 'offer' expired or something, but no one seemed to know when I called about it.

So I just cancelled and resubscribed.

Now I've got U450HD, two DVRs, and 18mbps for $121/mo.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Did you call and ask if it was offered in your area? Not showing up on the availability online

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                          Did you call and ask if it was offered in your area? Not showing up on the availability online
                          They just completed construction. That part has been quite a headache.

Comment

not available in my area guess i'll go with charter for internet on new house.

Comment

Working...
                            X