New Mac....I want to transfer music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mac....I want to transfer music

I just bought a macbook and I want to transfer music from my iPhone to the mac on my iTunes account.

I did some research and i downloaded "detune" This actually worked, but when I clicked a song, iTunes would play another random song. I could not figure out how to fix this for the life of me.

If someone has a fix for that, then that will work too.

Thanks

Do you still have access to the computer that you originally synced up the iPhone to iTunes with?

Comment

Yes I do

Comment

Why don't you just export it onto an external or USB HD from your old iTunes and re-import it onto the new one?

Comment

Can't you plug the iPhone into the MAC and xfer them? Or Xfer them to the Cloud and share across all Apple devices?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Can't you plug the iPhone into the MAC and xfer them? Or Xfer them to the Cloud and share across all Apple devices?
            When I plug my phone in to the mac it states that I will erase all the music from my iphone. These are all purchased songs from iTunes too. I figured they would just transfer.

There may be a way to do the way you described but I'm not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Why don't you just export it onto an external or USB HD from your old iTunes and re-import it onto the new one?
              I was trying to avoid buying something. I may try that though.

Comment

you just bought a new mac, but don't want to spend $10-$30 on a flash drive?
                Last edited by CexMashean; 04-29-2014, 04:21 AM. Reason: damn autocorrect
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                  When I plug my phone in to the mac it states that I will erase all the music from my iphone. These are all purchased songs from iTunes too. I figured they would just transfer.

There may be a way to do the way you described but I'm not sure yet.
                  I want to say when I did that with my iPhone on my (than) new iMac it didn't erase everything. But that being said, if you bought all your music through iTunes you should be able to download it again on the new Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    you just bought a new back, but don't want to spend $10-$30 on a flash drive?
                    insane isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      I want to say when I did that with my iPhone on my (than) new iMac it didn't erase everything. But that being said, if you bought all your music through iTunes you should be able to download it again on the new Mac.
                      Here is the problem, I was able to get all my music into iTunes on my computer.

Here is the problem I have....once I click a song, iTunes will play some random song.

For example: if i chose a metallica song it might play a Snoop Dog song. I assume it is because I used the app "detune" to transfer the files, but I'm not sure.

If someone knows what I'm talking about I would love to hear their thoughts. I have searched this issue and I have had no luck finding anyone with the same issue.

Comment

Don't use itunes, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                          Don't use itunes, problem solved.
                          I'm not really sure that helps Jeremy. But as always, thanks for the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                            insane isn't it?
                            Retarded was the word I was looking for.
                            Both on the mac purchase, and suddenly frugal.
                            sigpic

Comment

if you bought all the songs on iTunes, you can go to the music section in iTunes and go to "purchased" and download them again and it should be free.

music not bought on iTunes you need to transfer to a usb and load it on the mac from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X