Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question, but what's a good USB mouse???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question, but what's a good USB mouse???

I have a Logitech G500 gaming mouse and it has this irritating problem once in a while. It double clicks when I single click. It sucks a big one sometimes when you want just one click!!! I've had it for a few years, so time to replace it. I do not want a cordless mouse, I prefer a USB. So what'sa good one, other than Logitech brands?

I do want a scroll wheel, and the side buttons I can program for like forward/back.

Looking at this on Amazon, seems decent, especially for $14!

Logitech is about as good as they get for gaming,

I think Razor is one of their major competitors, but I HATE their products.

I've bought nothing but Logitech keyboards and mice for years.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      I have a Logitech G500 gaming mouse and it has this irritating problem once in a while. It double clicks when I single click. It sucks a big one sometimes when you want just one click!!! I've had it for a few years, so time to replace it. I do not want a cordless mouse, I prefer a USB. So what'sa good one, other than Logitech brands?

I do want a scroll wheel, and the side buttons I can program for like forward/back.

Looking at this on Amazon, seems decent, especially for $14!
      http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE...=A99MZGWBBIGK9
      I am guessing you have already adjusted the double click speed in windows...
      Otherwise that, I have always loved logitechs wireless mice.

Comment

I'm getting that way about Logitech, Craizie. I've read the issue I'm having is a design flaw in their mice, but they just send out another that gets the same issue. there's a fix for it, but I don't feel like taking it apart and doing the fix. Plus, the video that shows the fix is fucking boring as hell! I got about 3 minutes into it and had to stop, the guy says Uhh too much!

Edit: stangin4lyfe, Yeah, adjusted that several times before I did a google search and found the issue.

Comment

I dont know if this is much help, but Ive had a dell optical mouse at work that Ive been using for 7 years.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The only logitech product I've had that I didn't like was a wireless headset. That thing was junk. I forget which mouse I have, but I've had it for 3+ years and haven't had an issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              The only logitech product I've had that I didn't like was a wireless headset. That thing was junk. I forget which mouse I have, but I've had it for 3+ years and haven't had an issues with it.
              Check when you get home if you remember. I'll chk Amazon for it, or an updated version by now.

Comment

Even though you said you don't want another Logitech, in my experience they stand behind their stuff and will send you a replacement if you talk to CS. Even if it will probably get the same issue eventually, you may get lucky and get one that works ok. Even if it only lasts 6 months, free beats buying one.

I have a Logitech Performance Mouse MX and have no complaints. I actually found a broken one in a parts bin at work, sent an email to Logitech and they sent me a brand new mouse no questions asked(this thing was way out of warranty and I had no proof of purchase). That was about 2 years ago and it is still going strong.
                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

I'm all Logitech too at this point. G5 mouse (Discontinued I guess) - had it for years and it works fine.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have a razer death adder I use at work and love it.

It's a very large mouse, compared to standard ones. Keeps my large hands from cramping.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
                      or

Zowie FK black USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse

Comment

I can't stand razer, or logitech mice. they always feel gimmicky as fuck to me.

I am a huge fan of zowie mice now. I have a couple fk's, am's and steelseries sensei's.

Comment

I've bought Logitech keyboards and mice for work and home for years. I can't recall having any troubles with them, unless of course my wife or kids somehow killed them. As for gaming, I bought the G105 keyboard, G400 mouse and the G230 headset about 5-6 months ago. My boys play a ton of PC games and are pretty tough on stuff and they've held up great - no complaints. That is until last week when one of them left the headset on the floor and someone stepped on it and partially cracked the mic off. It still works, but looks like crap with the duct tape that's holding the pic in place.

Do any of y'all have any experience with the Mad Katz mice?

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                            I've bought Logitech keyboards and mice for work and home for years. I can't recall having any troubles with them, unless of course my wife or kids somehow killed them. As for gaming, I bought the G105 keyboard, G400 mouse and the G230 headset about 5-6 months ago. My boys play a ton of PC games and are pretty tough on stuff and they've held up great - no complaints. That is until last week when one of them left the headset on the floor and someone stepped on it and partially cracked the mic off. It still works, but looks like crap with the duct tape that's holding the pic in place.

Do any of y'all have any experience with the Mad Katz mice?
                            No, but every other MadKatz product I have owned was a completely worthless piece of shit.

Curious as to why you don't want a wireless mouse. I have a Logitech Marathon Mouse M705 (actually have a separate one I carry around with me for work and one for home use that stays there for games and what-not). Their battery life claim is no joke, at least so far. I've had both for over a year and they both show more than half of the battery life remaining with heavy use every day. It's not specifically designed for gaming, so the buttons aren't really programmable outside of typical OS features (at least not that I've figured out yet), but it's super comfortable, has a good weight, I already mentioned the batterylife, and they've held up to a ton of abuse over the last year+.

Comment

Working...
                            X