Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lol wtf? Windows suddenly states it isn't genuine 4 years after install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol wtf? Windows suddenly states it isn't genuine 4 years after install?

I've never had this happen before, I booted my system and got hit with a non-genuine warning. I did the validate app and it's stating my system isn't genuine... That's pretty funny. I can't find a place where I can type my serial# in to prove it isnt, anyone had an idea? The only option it gives me is to buy a new copy.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Did you buy your copy as a single retail license?

Comment

Nah, it's an RTM key from Windows 7 promo, came with like 20 or so keys for all their software sent out to system admins.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

chatting with MS, looks like it's some stupid error, they verified the key is genuine.

Comment

LOL, not exactly sure what she was doing, she asked me to restart in safe mode so she can get the key working. I asked her if she meant safe mode with networking, she said no, she could still connect. I didn't see how that was going to work. I restarted in safe mode, no networking at all, she obviously couldn't connect, so I just rebooted.

Comment

phishing?
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me on a key that was pretty new. After 2 hours on the phone with Indians shouting in my ear, I gave us in and bought another 100 key to save my sanity.
              Fuck ms.
              sigpic

Comment

People still pay for OS's?

Comment

Working...
                X