Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Dogs...who thinks it will deliver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conan O' Brien...the Clueless Gamer playing Watch Dogs.

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'm patiently awaiting some reviews from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
        I'm patiently awaiting some reviews from you guys.
        shit game imo, 100% honest opinion (pc)

doesn't hold a candle to gta. not what I was promised at e3 (but we knew this to a certain degree), I just don't think its worth what I paid. pirate before you buy if you have the ability. plus the pre-order bonus raping is lame.
        Last edited by roliath; 05-28-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I'm not going to say it is a shit game. I think it is alright. Of course it is no gta but I don't try to compare it to it. I think the online portion is entertaining. Haven't got too far into the story so no idea how that holds up. I think it is worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
            I'm not going to say it is a shit game. I think it is alright. Of course it is no gta but I don't try to compare it to it. I think the online portion is entertaining. Haven't got too far into the story so no idea how that holds up. I think it is worth the price.
            Yeah I am being too harsh on it. You know what kills it for me, the fucking driving. I envisioned these awesome police chases with me hacking lights and roak blocks to make bad ass escapes (think GTAV style). But the way the cars feel completely ruins driving for me. It makes this game feel like a budget title or indie game. I just think its terrible, i don't like the way it feels at all.

I'm really upset with the performance, and lack of little details you find in GTA that aren't present in this game. I don't feel immersed in this game.

They shot real high with the e3 demo, which i've read was just a tech demo to show what next-gen games could look like.

I think if I wanted to play this, I should have got it on the ps4. I'll give it another shot, after the PC bugs are ironed out.

2560x1600p @ ultra looks great at night, but the game loses a ton of its luster in the daytime. I think it looks like shit. 4K is unplayable imo, even with dual highly clocked 780's and 4930k @ 4.4ghz. SLI is broken, wtf is up with a triple a launch title having shit dual card performance.

Right now I feel raped for 74.99.

/rant off

Comment

The developers aren't happy with it, if Reddit is to be believed. They got forced into rushing things, apparently.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                The developers aren't happy with it, if Reddit is to be believed. They got forced into rushing things, apparently.
                Just means things will be worked out through updates. I'll give it a few months.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I did a clean install of my drivers which fixed the sli profile. Performance is way better than before, I have yet to test 4k performance since I had an early as fuck meeting today. The Ultra stuttering is still there though, goes from like 100fps to 60 to 18 back to 60 back to 100. PC needs like an ultra high resolution texture pack imo.

The game is a cross between all existing ubi games, the way the world and objectives are laid out. I still think the driving is the what makes me hate this game so much. It feels terrible.

I would be happier if I spent 39.99, but i'm in it for 75 bucks so far and I don't see myself getting my moneys worth anytime soon. It doesn't even run on my spare system, I get a constant DirectX hook crash once the game drops you into the world after the intro mission. Its got crazy bad mouse acceleration too, I haven't tried any of the fixes posted so I just opted to use my 360 controller.

The e3 demo is what I wanted, and we got a dumbed down version of it.

I'm worried for the division now. I highly doubt we'll get anything remotely near what we saw at e3. Watch_Dogs and this launch has pretty much killed all my excitement for The Division.

has a ton of good info on whats missing and bug fixes.
                  Last edited by roliath; 05-29-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                    I'm worried for the division now. I highly doubt we'll get anything remotely near what we saw at e3. Watch_Dogs and this launch has pretty much killed all my excitement for The Division.
                    I don't think that will be the case for the Division. They pushed it back because they knew it wasn't going to be remotely close to ready and they're even considering another push back to 2016. I'm alright with that if it means getting everything right.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      I don't think that will be the case for the Division. They pushed it back because they knew it wasn't going to be remotely close to ready and they're even considering another push back to 2016. I'm alright with that if it means getting everything right.
                      Watch_Dogs was pushed back too. I'm not holding my breath for The Division to deliver what they've shown.

Comment

So far the game sucks balls
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          So far the game sucks balls
                          I've been waiting to hear something good about it, before I spend money.

Nothing good has been said yet.
                          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post

I know you're not a fan of sandbox games and so far this is a sandbox game. Main story with side quests/missions to do. It's like GTA for cybergeeks/hackers.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post

i'd bargain bin it, nothing makes this a MUST PLAY RIGHT NOW title. Unless you have nothing to play on your PS4/XB1 I guess you can pick it up.
                              If you are on the PC, i'd wait until the next major patch is out for it which is said to be in the works.

I think Sleeping Dogs is better than this game, so if you need a game to play and haven't played Sleeping Dogs i'd recommend that one. And I think the driving in SD is fucking god awful as well.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                                i'd bargain bin it, nothing makes this a MUST PLAY RIGHT NOW title. Unless you have nothing to play on your PS4/XB1 I guess you can pick it up.
                                If you are on the PC, i'd wait until the next major patch is out for it which is said to be in the works.

I think Sleeping Dogs is better than this game, so if you need a game to play and haven't played Sleeping Dogs i'd recommend that one. And I think the driving in SD is fucking god awful as well.
                                The driving in watch dogs straight up sucks ass. No way around it. The online modes keep f-ing up. My view on this thing is going down in a hurry. once I finish it, it may be in the bin for someone to pick up.

Comment

Working...
                                X