What do you stream to tv with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you stream to tv with?

Curious what you guys use to stream content to tv's... I'm using a WDTV but I'm growing tired of their issues. Always having to reboot them.
    Roku
    0%
    WDTV
    0%
    Apple TV
    0%
    Google Chromecast
    0%
    Other
    0%

laptop+HDMI using netflix and utorrent. i don't have a subscription to any cable/sat tv service. hell, i don't even have one of those converter boxes for local channels.

but i sometimes miss being able to mindlessly flip through channels instead of actually having to pick something to watch.

Comment

Primarily my Roku 3 for Netflix, Amazon, HBO GO, Vudu, etc...

However, I use my WD TV Live to stream Bluray/DVD rips off my media server. It supports just about every file type, so there is no transcoding required. It even will play .ISO with menus.

Everything plugged into Gigabit LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        Primarily my Roku 3 for Netflix, Amazon, HBO GO, Vudu, etc...

However, I use my WD TV Live to stream Bluray/DVD rips off my media server. It supports just about every file type, so there is no transcoding required. It even will play .ISO with menus.

Everything plugged into Gigabit LAN.
        You have any issues with your WDTV? Mine loses connection to the share all the time. You just have your computer setup as a network share?

Comment

I want to stream from my computer to my tv. what would be the best device for this? Will google chromecast do this?

Comment

Yes, and it's what we use. Works great!

Comment

Chromecast with videostream app, or use vuze to stream to the ps3 then play them that way.

Comment

Chromecast mostly but sometimes use the netflix app on our bluray player. We were able to grab the chromecast for $25 on amazon prime a couple months ago. Well worth the $35 normal price IMO.

Comment

Media PC in the theater, Roku sticks on the other TVs.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                    You have any issues with your WDTV? Mine loses connection to the share all the time. You just have your computer setup as a network share?
                    Are you connected over Ethernet or Wifi?

I haven't had any issues with it. Hasn't been rebooted since last firmware upgrade. It's model WDBHG70000NBK on firmware 2.01.86
                    3 Hour Energy Saver Shut Down is turned off.

Yes, WDMYCloud as Windows Network Share under Content Source.

Comment

Is there a program/service to get regular TV shows without cable/internet? Including sports?
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

couchtuner.eu

Comment

Living room has a media PC.

Bedroom:
                          Used to use my ps3 but it got worse with updates. It's loud, hot and worst of all it hiccups trying to stream hd video.

Switched to a Raspberry pi (for streaming media from my desktop or nas). Little bastard works great and the remote and library are on your phone.

If I need to stream an online source I use my laptop via WiDi which is pretty impressive
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Ok, borrowed my dad's spare roku 2, and picked up a chromecast to test out....

How do you guys get like, news and weather? Wife watches the news in the AM, and I have to make this easy for her!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

I run netflix and amazon on the PS3. We've got an Xbox360 just sitting there, so we could set up a different amazon account on it, but we haven't needed to. Everything that isn't on the PS3 we use chromecast for.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X