Anyone using a VPN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a VPN?

Anyone use VPN for their possible torrenting or newsgroup activities? There are a couple "deals" on slickdeals. Its cheap enough that securing my privacy would be worth it. Just wondering if anyone uses it. Also tired of slow loading netflix due to Verizon

I've been using privateinternetaccess.com for about a year now.

Comment

how are the speeds? They have a 1/2 off deal..so does torguard

Comment

On FiOS over WiFi, no vpn.

With vpn.

Comment

thanks man... Im probably going to sign up for one of the services. Im still using usenetserver which has never given me any trouble in the past from Verizon but its cheap enough <$3/mo for extra security.

Comment

Check this article out too if you haven't already. http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-se...dition-140315/

Also, if you're using a router that you can use tomato or ddwrt, I belive you can make it your vpn appliance instead of using their application.

Comment

So I signed up for PIA and here are my speedtest results over cat5
              Without:

With:

Really interesting...ping is up but download speed is up. Upload is acceptable. Just tried to download a file off newsgroups and my speeds are cut in 1/2. Normal 3.6mb/s to 1.55mb/s. This is just going off the default server it picked.

Well...connecting to a Texas based server:

Not to sure what to make of the numbers.
              Last edited by 8mpg; 07-06-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Another one for fun...obviously incorrect but hey...it looks cool

Comment

I might give up on VPN. I download at 9.8MB/s at my house... 1.2MB/s with the VPN using a Texas server

Comment

There are times it slows down, but overall, it's the best provider available. For me, it's worth the peace of mind.

Comment

This seems relevant.

Comment

torrents are bad...newsgroup is the only way to go

Comment

Working...
                        X