LG G3 or Galaxy S5 on AT&T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LG G3 or Galaxy S5 on AT&T?

So I've been up for a contract renewal for a few months now and as much as I love my Nexus 5, two things really make me want to upgrade; the lack of external storage and not having a user replaceable battery.

So the two phones I'm really interested in are the LG G3 and the Galaxy S5. I'm really leaning towards the Galaxy as I'm more familiar with Samsung products but what has me looking at the G3 is the camera with the laser focusing capability. Other than that, the aforementioned replaceable battery, expandable external battery, IR blaster (I remember being able to control TV's with my old Windows phone and I'm glad this feature is making a comeback), and a screen between 5-5.5 inches.

As I mentioned, I'm leaning towards the S5 since it tends to be more compatible with most of the apps and mods I've been doing on Android phones (although honestly I haven't looked at the G3 that closely yet). I also like the fact that it has the finger print scanner and I can see that as being a useful feature. The IP 67 rating doesn't hurt either.

Are there any other (Android) phones out there worth looking at? I thought about the Note 3 but it's really to big for me. Anyone have either phone and can chime in on how it's been working for them?

One thing you should be aware of in your consideration of those is the external storage has been greatly locked down since Kit Kat. You'll have to irrevocably void the warranty on either of them to use it like you could in time past.

The G3 has a hidden root counter s well as an e-fuse, the s5 has Knox counter. None are reversible and both have locked bootloader.

Comment

Between those too, I'd pick the LG G3. I have the G2 and the battery last all day, camera is good. Before that I had a Galaxy S3, I just enjoyed the LG better.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had a few samsung phones in the past year, and everyone I have had has had some sort of bug, or issue. Even the ones I got new. Two different models the phone would turn on and off in your pocket. I love the S5, but I dont think Ill go out of my way to have a samsung for my personal phone again

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
          Between those too, I'd pick the LG G3. I have the G2 and the battery last all day, camera is good. Before that I had a Galaxy S3, I just enjoyed the LG better.

LOL, so because the G2 has good battery life so will the G3. The G3 has SHIT battery life because it has a 1440x2560 screen and to small of a battery to support it. To put it in perspective:

Note 3: G3:
          5.7" 1920x1080 5.5" 1440x2560
          2.3 quad core 2.5 quad core
          3200mAh Battery 3000mAh Battery

I would still strongly consider the G3 but be careful about people comparing apples to bananas.
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I'm on the s5 on att. The only complaint I have is trying to find a charger locally. Granted a regular micro USB charger will work. But it seems to take longer to charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              LOL, so because the G2 has good battery life so will the G3. The G3 has SHIT battery life because it has a 1440x2560 screen and to small of a battery to support it. To put it in perspective:

Note 3: G3:
              5.7" 1920x1080 5.5" 1440x2560
              2.3 quad core 2.5 quad core
              3200mAh Battery 3000mAh Battery

I would still strongly consider the G3 but be careful about people comparing apples to bananas.
              I just figured it was improved over the year model before.

Damn, I didn't know the G3 was almost as big as the Note 3.

Comment

Working...
              X