No announcement yet.

iOS 4.2.1 unteathered jailbreak is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got mine to work. I had a good LOL at the boot screen. I used to have my cutie of a daughter come up as the boot image. Now the greenp0ison one over her's. Caught me off guard.

For the retards, like myself. Connect the device, THEN turn it off and follow directions. If you follow the directions, to a T, then you'll get the run around a bit.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Never had to turn mine off....

Comment

Yeah, I dunno what I was doing wrong. But I finally got it.
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Well, I bit the bullet and went to 4.2.1 and JB it. My cydia was crashed beyond repair. Now trying to remember what all I had...damn it.

Comment

OK I've got a question, well upgrading to 4.2.1 and than JB'ing cause me to lose all of my apps and I'll have to reinstall them?

Comment

Yup. I've found it's been actually kind of nice. I've experienced fewer instant reboots and have found myself searching the interweb for "must have cydia apps" and really thinking about installing them before I do. (There area select few that are MUST haves... SBSetting, etc.)

Comment

Question I have yet to find an answer for so I'll ask again....what if any reason exists to upgrade to 4.2 from 4.0.2?

Mine is jailbroken and I havent had any problems with it...why should I upgrade to 4.2?

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
                  OK I've got a question, well upgrading to 4.2.1 and than JB'ing cause me to lose all of my apps and I'll have to reinstall them?
                  there's an app in cydia that will allow you to back them up via itunes...it's called "pkgbackup", if i remember correctly. download that app, follow the directions, backup to itunes, then do your upgrade, rejailbreak, and restore everything. if you add "http://sinfuliphonerepo.com" to your cydia repo, there is a free "cracked" version of the "pkgbackup" program there...

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    Question I have yet to find an answer for so I'll ask again....what if any reason exists to upgrade to 4.2 from 4.0.2?

Mine is jailbroken and I havent had any problems with it...why should I upgrade to 4.2?
                    you can look it up to see what the differences are, but i would keep what you have, unless you're having problems.

Comment

Well I did the Backup using pkgbackup and than upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 and it went smoothly. Guess I should add before that I contacted SPB regarding my problems with being able to sync my eWallet program that I store all my passwords, logins, and credit card info and still no luck with a straight USB sync but I was finally able to get it to work syncing through Gmail so I got that out of the way sorta. Anyway, upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 and no problems there and didn't lose anything. Took a while to do the initial sync as it went through all my pictures (should have removed them and added them back in later) and updated them to some sorta HD pics. Anyway, just JB'd and had to do that a couple of times to get the loader on but I am now all set. Unfortunately the copy of pkgbackup I had was old and when I reinstalled it I now have the current version and it's not wanting to restore. No biggie though, I'll reinstall everything.

Overall for me the upgrade was worth it. I like the new email where I have an "all" Inbox and I like being able to lock the orientation to either landscape or portrait. Just have to reinstall my JB apps again

Comment

right now i have version 4.0 on my Iphone4 and its jailbroken, Im wanting to upgrade to the newest version i think maybe 4.2.1 and then jailbreak, How do i go about doing that? anyone have any instructions?

Comment

Make a list of all the Cydia/Rock apps you have and their settings. (Unless someone knows how to do this automatically?!?!?)
                          Upgrade to 4.2.1 and then greenpoison jailbreak.
                          It really is that easy. (Read this entire thread and you'll be fine.)

Comment

about how long does it take to jailbreak?

Just bought mine today and want to do it while im at work.

is it as easy/quick as it was when it was blackrain?

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
                              about how long does it take to jailbreak?

Just bought mine today and want to do it while im at work.

is it as easy/quick as it was when it was blackrain?
                              yes. if you are indeed on 4.2.1 or below.

4.3 just came out. no good jailbreak just yet.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

But if you jb, pfft, whats the reason to upgrade to 4.3?

Comment

Working...
                                X