Looking for a tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a tablet

I am now building in two separate neighborhoods and I feel a tablet is going to make me more productive. Mostly using spreadsheets, some web browsing and a web based interface for our scheduling program. Looking for an inexpensive option
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

What if I wanted to replace my laptop with a tablet as part of my functionality. I have an older Dell studio 17. All it really gets used for any more is an occasional web interface that we can't operate with our phones or her ipad. 4g would be nice, though I haven't looked at data plans to see if that is even worth it. It would help when I am on jobsites away from wifi, as our scheduling program requires internet access. Replacing my laptop would allow me to increase the budget. A larger screen would be nice as well.

Sorry to just about 180 on what I was looking for, the more I thought about it, adding some more function to replace my laptop made more sense.

Comment

Surface

Comment

I've been looking around a bit this morning, hoping to stay at or under $500. Does anyone have experience with the Dell Venue tablets?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            I've been looking around a bit this morning, hoping to stay at or under $500. Does anyone have experience with the Dell Venue tablets?
            Nope, but the new one comes out in a few days i think. (Venue 8 Pro) and its aimed at the Ipad Air 2 market.

I know a couple folks with Lenovo Yoga's and those seem pretty decent, although i'm not sure what they run price wise.

Comment

We're rolling out the new Surface here at work. It is not under your $500 budget, but none of the really viable choices are. They do a pretty good job overall, though, like the Venue, there is no cellular support planned. They give us MyFy's here anyway, so it's kind of a non-issue, but still, it would be nice to only have to carry one device.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                We're rolling out the new Surface here at work. It is not under your $500 budget, but none of the really viable choices are. They do a pretty good job overall, though, like the Venue, there is no cellular support planned. They give us MyFy's here anyway, so it's kind of a non-issue, but still, it would be nice to only have to carry one device.
                The venue 11 pro that's available 11/11 can be had with a built in LTE card

Comment

I have a dell venue 8pro.

It has been trouble free for the most part. Has the new office on it. I use it more than a laptop but 99% of its use is web browsing. I do have the spreadsheet in excel on it. It suucks typing on the on screen keyboard. I really need to buy a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I would use it more then.

If i had it all over to do again id buy a surface.

Comment

The venue 11 pro that's available 11/11 can be had with a built in LTE card
                    That's the first I've heard of that, and we're a Dell Premier shop. They said they had no plans to do any form of cellular when we approached them for a proposal. Seems odd they wouldn't mention it, especially with a pending order for 8-10k units.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                      That's the first I've heard of that, and we're a Dell Premier shop. They said they had no plans to do any form of cellular when we approached them for a proposal. Seems odd they wouldn't mention it, especially with a pending order for 8-10k units.
                      I saw it on their website....can you get me a good deal?!

Comment

I saw it on their website....can you get me a good deal?!
                        On single unit purchases, our discount is about $29. For tablets, you have to buy a good quantity to get a decent discount. Still can't believe they blew a good sale by not mentioning this was in the pipeline at least.

Comment

Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the venu pro 11 5000 series. I spent the extra and got the UHD display.

Any recommendations on must have apps. It is a windows 8.1 based tablet

Comment

Working...
                          X