Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New LG tablet and Droid Turbo, apps question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LG tablet and Droid Turbo, apps question.

So Verizon was doing a special last month and allowed me to trade in my Droid Ultra for a free Droid Turbo and free LG 8.3 tablet and free wireless charger. All that and didn't have to renew my contract and even dropped my rate $20 per month since I have been with them for so long.

At any rate I never wanted a tablet before but I love this thing! The Droid Turbo is also just wonderful. I took my GF to Austin and Dallas using the navigation the whole time, stream Pandora to the stereo, internet browsing and phone calls. Screen was on a solid 8+ hours. Total usage was 14 hours. Got home and it still had 27% battery left. Amazing.
    So I bought a Chromecast and am digging that too with loading movies to the tablet and streaming them.

So the questions I have are this:
    1. What is the best app to use to mirror the tablet or phone to the Chromecast? Going to the android forums makes my head spin and I don't want a bunch of trial and error and you guys always are up on tech.
    2. Whats the best app to stream downloaded movies to the chromecast from these devices? I downloaded LocalCast and its not a bad interface but every movie has stalled out at least 3 times now.
    3. Is there a free app I can download to the tablet to use it as a phone? Not that its optimum for that but maybe it may be usefull at some point.
    4. What does everyone like for video chats?
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

I use BubbleUPnP works good for me.

Comment

Working...
    X