No announcement yet.

Small business network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats how much data we use. I dont think its high use. We have 12 pc plus everyone on wifi.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      OP
      Review the library of Fortinet resources for the latest security research and information.

My buddy says that will run you around 6-800 bucks. All-in-one sort of box.

UJ, if you google the models, they are a bit more than APs. That's IPS...etc as well.
      Does that have yearly fees?
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
        Does that have yearly fees?
        I'm making assumptions here, but typically there is subscription fees for any signatures that the device may use. i.e. IPS/IDS, and whatever else it does. Then anything else it does. Fortinet is not what I do at all, so I'm not expert. I know it's good HW/SW overall and in some situations it maybe a better fit budget-wise.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Also, occasionally there are deals where if you attend a webinar, Cisco will send you a free Meraki WAP, and you then just have to pay the yearly license fee.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Yeah, you're similar to me - then all the new devices are wireless in my opinion the SOHO devices just are not capable of handling that load.

I avoid the small business stuff altogether from Cisco. Every time I've made an exception to get a deal it has ended up making my life suck. They tend not to run IOS/or any good cisco variation of that (NX-OS...etc) and are only marginally better than an off the shelf consumer product.

I am not really familiar with the Ubiquiti product line at all, so personally I am no help there. I have a buddy that sell Fortinet, I could check with him. They tend to have all in one boxes - if interested - check out their page and let me know. I can put you in touch with him or facilitate that. However, to get reliable service it's not SOHO/Consumer level cheap. The gear will last a while though.

For ease of use the Meraki line is going to be the winner. The ASA will be set and forget, but tends to be difficult for non-experienced people to manage/setup. Also it is being EOL'ed in favor of their new product line which does not really have a small business device as of this time.
            My step Dad is looking to upgrade his small business network as well. I ended up on Ubiquiti's site, and there solution covers almost everything. Their single app to manage all their products seems like a definite plus when dealing with a Small business.

I have experience with one of their products. Our district used a wireless bridge from our main admin building to a tower off jefferson. Worked very well.

Comment

I like the looks of that line. Seems like it would do just fine for what we need.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
              X