USB powered 110v relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB powered 110v relay

I was looking for a kit or other "things" to build my own "USB powered 110v switch" and ran across this website.
    PowerUSB is an automation and energy saving device. It supports outlet control through software in attached computer via USB. The lights or any devices can be switched on remotely or through timed software applications

I know many here are more versed with this kind of thing an wanted your opinion on building my own or any other solutions that might exist.

Conceptually, I want 110v power to be switched on when the USB is energized.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

You could find a relay that uses USB voltage for the coil power and make what you need with a spare power strip and some time.

Comment

Yeah sounds like you just need a relay that switches at 3.5v or whatever USB is

Comment

Im curious, what are you trying to do?
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I am also.

Comment

Working...
          X