roku3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roku3

So who has a Roku. Just got one for xmas and now looking at what to get for it. Got Netflix but such small selection of newer movies. Trying to see what it would cost to get HBO Go, I have cancled my cable.

Got a relative with HBO? Get their login.

Comment

Anyone use Plex app?

Comment

I shot ya an email

Comment

I have 3 roku's....

I pretty much exclusively use the Plex app. Everyone I know has cancelled cable and switched to Roku + Plex as well.

Love it. I used to have WD boxes, and I'm glad I made the switch!

Comment

How is Plex does it have more of new movie the. Netflix has.

Comment

Plex is a way to organize and share media on multiple devices.

Comment

I have had one for a year and never use it. I am on Dish Network and they will not work with them to verify the channels so that I can watch shows on demand. I did takek it to my father today who has been put in a nursing home temp to get therapy on his foot and would not allow to use on wifi because it will not take youto a screen the agree to terms just errors out.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a roku1. Have been using it since July and have started having issues with it locking up and not restarting.

Aside from that it has been a good service. I am thinking about switching to an amazon fire stick, in light of recent issues
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Don't do it

Comment

I've had a Roku 3 for quite a while. I really like it. Never had a problem with it and there are a plethora of normal and private channels. My primary are Netflix, Instant Watch Browser for Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, Vudu, Crackle, and Screambox. It also has some pretty decent old school arcade games, like Galaga. The only real con for the Roku is file support. Their Roku Media Player channel is just plain terrible. That's why I ended up getting a WD TV Live Plus to stream content from my media server. It supports almost all files and containers seamlessly in direct stream, so this avoids the need for transcoding.

Comment

Have you tried the usb connection.

Comment

^Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            I've had a Roku 3 for quite a while. I really like it. Never had a problem with it and there are a plethora of normal and private channels. My primary are Netflix, Instant Watch Browser for Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, Vudu, Crackle, and Screambox. It also has some pretty decent old school arcade games, like Galaga. The only real con for the Roku is file support. Their Roku Media Player channel is just plain terrible. That's why I ended up getting a WD TV Live Plus to stream content from my media server. It supports almost all files and containers seamlessly in direct stream, so this avoids the need for transcoding.
                            Plex fixes any file format issues.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                              Plex fixes any file format issues.
                              It doesn't fix them, the server just transcodes the file into a format that the client can use, hence Plex being such a cpu raper.

This also means I'm soon to need to upgrade mine, the 3770k is becoming inadequate for the load from Plex and all those whom I share with. I'm looking into the 4930k with the hopes that the extra 2 cores/4 threads will be sufficient.
                              Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-28-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X