Looking for a game suggestion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a game suggestion...

I've been playing Call of Duty Heroes on my phone... it's a RTS multiplayer game and I have grown pretty fond of it.

Kind of want to find a RTS military type game that has a large multiplayer community. Modern military would be cool, but not required... and I enjoy the base building process.

Do they make a game where you build your base, setup defenses, and then go attack other peoples bases and steal their resources?

Warcraft II
    2012 GT500

Comment

I'm assuming you want one for your phone? PC an option?

Comment

For pc, sorry. And I have no interest in warrant, or anything fantasy related.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post

Company of heros 1&2

World in conflict.

Ruse was an interesting game, though I lost interest pretty quickly

Those are really the only non "fantasy" RTS's I have played.

My all time favorite RTS's would be Star craft 1&2 and supreme commander / total annihilation.

Comment

Command and conquer. Dune. Warcraft II.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
              Warrant was a good band! FUCK YOU!

/s

Supreme Commander 1 and 2 are pretty solid RTS games.
              Future sci-fi type. Large scale.

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel!

Comment

My favorite is Starcraft 2, huge multiplayer, faster paced, more micro focused. It's basically an extension of the Aliens/Predator universe, not directly, but a decent ripoff. Each match can last anywhere between 10-60 minutes. I probably have 5,000 hours in this game. Learning curve is easy.

Supreme Commander is good if you like MASSIVE macro battles. It's extremely slow paced, but it focuses on the entire war, not just a local battle. You better have at least an hour to play a match. Learning curve is steep.

Company of Heroes is good if you want a more genuine military experience. Cutting off supply lines, advancing troops on different fronts, etc. I have never liked this game. It has a fucking steep learning curve and it's completely alien to any other RTS out there.

Command and Conquer is in the same general vein as the starcraft games, I haven't played much of them though.

Age of Empires 2 HD, 3, or Age of Mythology HD are great games if you like the ancient style of army. Learning curve is easy and they are pretty fast matches.

Without question or hesitation, Starcraft is the best. You can pick it up, play through the campaign, then dive into multiplayer. It's easy enough for a noob to play, yet deep enough to become a pro. The match making in multiplayer is fairly balanced and you can spend days on the arcade custom games.

If you do pick it up, get both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm and hit me up, I can show you the basics in AI matches.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    My favorite is Starcraft 2, huge multiplayer, faster paced, more micro focused. It's basically an extension of the Aliens/Predator universe, not directly, but a decent ripoff. Each match can last anywhere between 10-60 minutes. I probably have 5,000 hours in this game. Learning curve is easy.

Supreme Commander is good if you like MASSIVE macro battles. It's extremely slow paced, but it focuses on the entire war, not just a local battle. You better have at least an hour to play a match. Learning curve is steep.

Company of Heroes is good if you want a more genuine military experience. Cutting off supply lines, advancing troops on different fronts, etc. I have never liked this game. It has a fucking steep learning curve and it's completely alien to any other RTS out there.

Command and Conquer is in the same general vein as the starcraft games, I haven't played much of them though.

Age of Empires 2 HD, 3, or Age of Mythology HD are great games if you like the ancient style of army. Learning curve is easy and they are pretty fast matches.

Without question or hesitation, Starcraft is the best. You can pick it up, play through the campaign, then dive into multiplayer. It's easy enough for a noob to play, yet deep enough to become a pro. The match making in multiplayer is fairly balanced and you can spend days on the arcade custom games.

If you do pick it up, get both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm and hit me up, I can show you the basics in AI matches.

SC2 is great. I fucked up and got placed into Diamond league ( some how ). Sweet baby Jesus those guys are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      SC2 is great. I fucked up and got placed into Diamond league ( some how ). Sweet baby Jesus those guys are good.
                      I was in top platinum, kicking the shit out of diamond guys when the MMR change occurred. Bounced me down to silver where I went 30-0 and never got promoted, then I quit ladder for a while. Now masters are top 1%, so all of the former masters are in diamond and BAD mofos.

Comment

Styxx master of shadows. Excellent game
                        WH

Comment

Working...
                        X