PS4 has red static on the screen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 has red static on the screen...

I bought the kid a PS4 for Christmas and when it is on at any time if there is a really dark section of the screen it will display red static or snow instead of the really dark blacks. There is an option for deep color and I have turned it off and on with no help to the issue either way. I narrowed it down to the video signal passing through my A/V receiver. If I take the HDMI and go straight to the TV with it there is no issue. If it goes through the A/V receiver that is where the issue starts. The receiver is set for video pass through so I do not know why it is causing this... it is a little bit older Harmon Kardon model. Any ideas?

Define "a little bit older." It might be aging enough to where the video pass-thru is starting to have a hard time with full HD. My parents Harmon Kardon from ~2005 started doing the same thing. It also used to turn itself up continuously until you turned it off and back on (that shit was startling).

Comment

I would say that I bought it around 2007 ish. I have been considering an upgrade just have not had anything really wrong with this one. Its hard to replace something that is working fine. Even though this would only be a slight annoyance to some, it bothers me pretty bad. I have nice speakers so maybe its time to get something that has HD audio as well. I just want to be sure that if I buy something newer that this issue will not come up again.

I will say that I watched a bluray movie the other day on it and I did not notice the issue at all. It is there on all games and the PS4 home screen though.

Comment

I am looking at this model Denon, it looks great for the price....

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/home...rsht/avrs500bt

Comment

And this one looks like a beast....

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/home...ersht/avrs900w

Comment

Working...
          X