Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jan 2015 cell provider bang for the buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 2015 cell provider bang for the buck?

Cousin is wanting to retire her dying 32gb Iphail 4 on AT&T. No longer locked into a contract but is paying out the AZZ to the tune of about $140 a month on a 4 year old plan. Uses are primarily talk, text, youtube, pandora, and gps. She is hell bent she wants an Iphone 6. Oh and she gets a 10% discount thru her employer if she uses AT&T. I'm trying to talk her away from AT&T regardless of that discount...but I don't really know whats current in terms of deals. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't really suggest Verizon anymore..service is great...prices not so much. Where can she get the best bang for the buck on a new Iphone 6 with LTE service?

Pics of cousin, first.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Tmobile

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        Pics of cousin, first.

No...you don't want that. Take my word for it.

Comment

If I had to start fresh I would go with Tmobile $80 plan.

Comment

Tmobile unlimited all the things!

Comment

Iphone 6 plus and switch to Next Plan. Is $140 for just one line? That is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                Tmobile
                Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Tmobile unlimited all the things!
                I just dumped Tmobile because the service was non existent anytime I was 10 miles outside of OKC.

Comment

Move to a real state and that won't be a problem.

Comment

Fuck tmobile. You get service everywhere except where you need it. Shit is spotty as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Move to a real state and that won't be a problem.
                      Meh.. ATT has worked well so far.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Fuck tmobile. You get service everywhere except where you need it. Shit is spotty as fuck.
                      Word.

Comment

I have switched from ATT to tmobile and have had nothing but problems. Their coverage sucks, which means if you leave the DFW metroplex you lose your interwebz. Going on a long trip and like listening to Pandora? nope! Need the GPS for that long trip? nope. Want to look for a place to get food/gas/etc in some small town you are passing through? nope.

The cell phone reception sucks, but they make up for it with wifi calling. However, there is a problem with the wifi calling. Most of the time I can't make outgoing calls (call drops the instant I try to call out) and when somebody is trying to call me it never rings my phone. It doesn't even give me a failed call notice, so I never even know somebody is trying to call me.

Yes, my bill went down significantly when I switched and I love that I am not on a contract... BUT what is the point in paying for a phone that I can't make calls (or receive calls) with?

Comment

I live in the dfw area and dont really leave much. I have tmobile and I have been pretty happy. Dont really have reception at work but most signals suck in the building. They do support wifi calling which is great because I just connect to my home wifi or work wifi. The is a dead spot I hit going to and from work though in Las Colinas. Sometimes the call drops, sometimes it doesnt.

Comment

Tmobile here, not a country farm bumpkin, satisfied with my coverage and bill of $65 a month.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              I live in the dfw area and dont really leave much. I have tmobile and I have been pretty happy. Dont really have reception at work but most signals suck in the building. They do support wifi calling which is great because I just connect to my home wifi or work wifi. The is a dead spot I hit going to and from work though in Las Colinas. Sometimes the call drops, sometimes it doesnt.
                              There's a dead spot on Las Colinas Blvd for most carriers, right around the Exxon campus. Every day I lose signal driving by that place.

Comment

Working...
                              X