Old technology sucks. Trying to setup a fax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old technology sucks. Trying to setup a fax

I have an HP printer that had a free service called efax built into it. But for whatever reason the efax no longer works. Maybe it's not supported anymore...

Anyways how the hell do I go about setting up a fax these days? I don't have a land line and I really don't want to pay a monthly fee for something I will only used about 5 times a month.

I do have century link and was told by an office depot "expert" that they offer a fax only line. A quick google search doesn't show this. I do have magicjack but there's mixed reviews of the fax machine working over voip.

you can get a measured line for like 5 bucks a month at your house. you get something like 10 calls out a month.

Comment

Can't you get a stand alone Efax service?

Comment

I used to use rapid fax. Fuck a fax machine unless you're in-office only and have use for a high end copier/printer/fax

With rapid fax or equivalent, you can send/receive faxes anywhere
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          you can get a measured line for like 5 bucks a month at your house. you get something like 10 calls out a month.
          who provides this service?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Can't you get a stand alone Efax service?
            yes, but I'm a cheap ass and don't want to pay for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
              who provides this service?
              I used ATT

Comment

Yeah, just the cheapest POTS line you can get is your best option. Faxes generally work over "VOIP" but you need something other than magic jack to be reliable. Magic jack serves a purpose, but it's not really something you can troubleshoot.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Yeah, just the cheapest POTS line you can get is your best option. Faxes generally work over "VOIP" but you need something other than magic jack to be reliable. Magic jack serves a purpose, but it's not really something you can troubleshoot.
                  This....
                  Almost everyone is eFax or email only these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X