Tiger Direct store located off the Dallas North Tollway is closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Direct store located off the Dallas North Tollway is closing

Tiger Direct store located off the Dallas North Tollway is closing. There are signs in the window that list 'up to 20% off all items'. The sales rep said they are closing 30 of 34 stores so its back to primarily online sales.

I went there today at lunch. About everything in the store had a handwritten sales price sign. At this time there's a crap load of TV's, sounds bars, motherboards, desktops, laptops, monitors, routers, some Xbox games, etc.. Memory modules were about gone.

The prices weren't low enough yet for me to spend for sake of spending money but if you are already shopping for some PC specific hardware it might be worth a trip.

Damn. And I thought there was hope back when they were buying out all the old CompUSAs
    WH

Comment

the one in Euless/Grapevine at 121 and glade is about to close as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Damn. And I thought there was hope back when they were buying out all the old CompUSAs
        when I went in and saw prices and what they had on hand I ddnt.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          when I went in and saw prices and what they had on hand I ddnt.
          True. But as it was all still somewhat new, I had hoped they just needed some time and would eventually get their shit together. Hell I still miss circuit city. Not that I'd pay their prices these days, oh no. But I liked going in there.
          WH

Comment

When they closed the one in Arlington a couple of years ago I figured this was coming.
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Why the hell do they need these brick and mortar stores anyway? They can still pull mad volume online and with less staff. Makes sense.

Comment

It is nice when if you need something quick you can go there and get it without over paying at a place like Bestbuy. With that said, there is still Frys but that place is like crack for me and I never leave without buying a whole bunch of extra shit. I have no self control when it comes to that place for some reason.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Hmmm, I may have to make a little trip to check it out here in a bit.
                  2011 Mustang GT - California Special - Black/Black - M6 - 3.73's

Mods: Roush CAI, GT500 Cat-Back Exhaust, Spohn Performance Lower Control Arms

Comment

I went by earlier and most stuff is just 10 to 20% off and it wasn't anything that was that big of a deal to get me to throw down on it. It's pretty much here's what we've got left type stuff and not anything you probably couldn't get from price matching/searching for deals online.

Not a whole lot left in the store. I'd say maybe 40% of the store has anything on the shelves. A few TV's left, but again nothing that blew my doors off.
                    2011 Mustang GT - California Special - Black/Black - M6 - 3.73's

Mods: Roush CAI, GT500 Cat-Back Exhaust, Spohn Performance Lower Control Arms

Comment

Working...
                    X