Android App Drawer missing Widget Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android App Drawer missing Widget Tab

So I just noticed this today and I think it happened after I ran a bunch of updates last night (I swear I'm going to stop doing updates!), but I'm missing my Widget Tab from the App Drawer. WTF!!??

I use Nova Launcher as my launcher and I know it updated last night so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I've tried rebooting it, I've tried switching back to the stock Samsung Whiz launcher, and I've tried Safe Mode and no luck. Also my Weatherbug widget was gone but all my other widgets are there. I was able to add the Weatherbug widget back on but I had to press and hold on the screen to add it in. So adding widgets works, I'm just missing the tab.

Here are the specs of my phone. Any ideas on this? Google searches weren't turning up anything helpful.

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android Version 4.4.2

I just upgraded to lollipop and noticed the same. I can still access them by holding down on a "home" screen to add it. I'm on a non-rooted s4 though.

Comment

No idea on this. My Nexus 7 tablet is on Lollipop with pretty much the same apps but it's still the same. I'm contemplating doing a reset but it's easy enough to work around.

Comment

I had various issues once I downloaded lollipop. I had to back it up and do a reset. I haven't had any issues since. The biggest problem was that my phone was getting hot. I'm talking, can't touch your face hot.

Comment

Same here after the last Nova update. I think they removed it from the app drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I had various issues once I downloaded lollipop. I had to back it up and do a reset. I haven't had any issues since. The biggest problem was that my phone was getting hot. I'm talking, can't touch your face hot.
            I had that issue, and battery life was stupid. Like I would not touch the phone for 4 hours, but the battery would have drained in half. I googled and found suggestions to remove the battery and SD card for a minute, then reinstall, and that corrected the heat and battery issue. But now i am having other issues (data just quit working yesterday, for example, requiring me to restart) and some apps are still having issues. I will probably do a complete restore this weekend.

BTW.. This is actually on 2 different S4s (my personal phone, and work phone are the same).

Comment

Originally posted by heavychevy View Post
              Same here after the last Nova update. I think they removed it from the app drawer.
              Yeah, I figured it was intentional since it can still be accessed from the home screen.

Comment

It isn't hiding under the menu on the right, is it?
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  I had that issue, and battery life was stupid. Like I would not touch the phone for 4 hours, but the battery would have drained in half. I googled and found suggestions to remove the battery and SD card for a minute, then reinstall, and that corrected the heat and battery issue. But now i am having other issues (data just quit working yesterday, for example, requiring me to restart) and some apps are still having issues. I will probably do a complete restore this weekend.

BTW.. This is actually on 2 different S4s (my personal phone, and work phone are the same).
                  Right. Mine is an S5

Comment

Well I'm in idiot, I just read through the notes for the latest Nova Launcher update and that's what did it. Not sure if I like this or not, I really need to start doing regular backups with Titanium Backup, at least before I do updates

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Well I'm in idiot, I just read through the notes for the latest Nova Launcher update and that's what did it. Not sure if I like this or not, I really need to start doing regular backups with Titanium Backup, at least before I do updates
                      Don't you typically only need to see the widget list when adding one to a home screen anyway? That's why I figured it was intentional. But I feel your pain with stuff like this in general. I upgraded to a new laptop and Office 2013 at work, and am still trying to get used to the look and feel after about 2 months. Initially I HATED it, but as I get used to it, it's pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Don't you typically only need to see the widget list when adding one to a home screen anyway? That's why I figured it was intentional. But I feel your pain with stuff like this in general. I upgraded to a new laptop and Office 2013 at work, and am still trying to get used to the look and feel after about 2 months. Initially I HATED it, but as I get used to it, it's pretty nice.
                        I guess I hate change unless I initiate it. I can live with it, I just don't understand the reason for the change.

Comment

Working...
                        X