What MDM does your company use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MDM does your company use?

The district I work for is looking for a MDM that has good iOS management capabilities. One of our districts has over 1600 iPads deployed, and they are not liking there current option, which is Casper. We have looked at a lot of the solutions, just trying to find some more.

I did find this article, that I will read over. http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/md...son,2-681.html

HP has been using Afaria for a couple of years. Frankly, it is crap...

We just bought Air-Watch from VMware. I had a little to do with that decision and I really think that it's a damn good product.

HP is also a reseller of Air-Watch.

Comment

We were using Zenprise for mobile phones but we got so much resistance that it was dumped before we really started buying ipads. I don't think we're using anything at the moment, I'll find out though. We're deploying chromebooks in the classroom.

Comment

Air Watch

Comment

Air Watch here as well. We have a very large iPhone deployment here (several thousand) and it seems to work well.

Comment

We use Mobile Iron internally, and as piece of our $30BB in services offerings annually, so I'd imagine that it works well enough. I have nothing to do with that side of the house though, so all I have is end-user experience with it, and the interface is intuitive enough.

Don't take this as a recommendation, but more of a third-party reference, take a look for yourself if you're so inclined.

Comment

I believe the thoughts on Air Watch, is that is too expensive for the districts to use. I haven't seen the pricing myself, and I think we need a one time per device charge.

Comment

Yeah, need to get quotes from different e-rate partners on their preferred solution. I'd not buy into anything without demonstrations from either the partner or the actual vendor. If I recall right, DCS is not bound by RFPs right? If so, you're note restricted in the normal sense of RFPs you can pick the best bang for the buck solution.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

We do RFPs.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                    I believe the thoughts on Air Watch, is that is too expensive for the districts to use. I haven't seen the pricing myself, and I think we need a one time per device charge.
                    I looked into it for you, I can actually sell Mobile Iron licensing, and probably Air Watch too if it cam down to it. Without iOS support it runs roughly $75 a user and $55 a device (not bid price), and $100/$70 with iOS if that's at all in your ball park.

Comment

How long does that per device license last?

Comment

Can you PM me with the number of users and devices you are planning to manage? I know who to ask about air-watch pricing..

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                          How long does that per device license last?
                          It's a cloud-based annual subscription, which seems to be the trend as of late.

Comment

Yeah we're seeing a rise in that from an AP/Network/UC base as well. The established groups, it's pretty sweet. Managing all configurations from a single web interface...etc.

Long term costs are higher, but reduction in man power/skill sets sometimes off sets having on-prem equipment solely - "Hybrid cloud" solutions.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Yeah we're seeing a rise in that from an AP/Network/UC base as well. The established groups, it's pretty sweet. Managing all configurations from a single web interface...etc.

Long term costs are higher, but reduction in man power/skill sets sometimes off sets having on-prem equipment solely - "Hybrid cloud" solutions.
                              It's everywhere at this point, down to the desktop OS and Office now. Not so much a run-in-the-cloud offering per se, but the deployment, management, upgrades, etc. are all handled from that single console that you mentioned. It's a hard sell to government sometimes, until you help them realize that they don't have to can resources, they can re-purpose those folks to more business associated roles.

Comment

Working...
                              X