No announcement yet.

why the !$%& won't my GPS stop running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why the !$%& won't my GPS stop running?

Got a phone thru warranty replacement, all was well for like 3-4 days and then the GPS started eating up the battery. GPS is off, location services are off, etc etc.. but the damn thing shows the GPS icon flashing quite frequently. Its frustrating as fuck, and i really dont like the idea of me not being able to disable (aside from e911) GPS entirely. Anyone seen this before and/or have a remedy? Thank ya'll.

HTC Desire on android 4.4.4

Jade Helm, you have been targeted.....

Comment

You have an app polling for your location.

Comment

Watch out for the kill drones
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

If you have a weather app, check the settings. Mine did the same thing until I checked Don't use GPS to find my location.

Comment

Have you tried hitting it?

Comment

Because HTC are the worts phones made.

Comment

Would the baked in bloatware have the ability to poll my location when I have GPS explicitly turned off in the settings? When I look at the recent location requests, it shows nothing.

Denny I tried on the last one, hence the replacement.

Comment

It's possible it'll try, but w/out gps enabled, it won't work,however, it may keep trying to get the location and drain the battery.

Comment

I'm not seeing any queries for location in my history though. Might be time to hop on xda and find a bloat free rom

Comment

If you're rooted now, run logcat while it's happening and link it here.

Comment

I'm not, it's 100% factory atm

Comment

So no one thought to mention that his wife thinks he's cheating on her and is using online carrier software to track him?
                          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

hahaha
                            WH

Comment

Working...
                            X