SSDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSDs

I'm looking for a 250ish GB SSD. Are there any brands/models to stay away from, or are Crucial/Intel/PNY/SanDisk/Kingston/OCZ/Samsung/Corsair pretty much equal?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Samsung 850Evo is the best value.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Samsung 850Evo is the best value.
      x2

Comment

EVO is the best value, if you can afford it, go with the PRO.

Comment

Here we go. I found this on slickdeals.

250GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III SSD + $25 Dell eGift Card $100 + Free Shipping

Your search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.

Comment

I have a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO and it's been the best SSD brand I've owned to date. It's certainly the best performing in all aspects. What I'm more impressed with is after 3.04TB in total writes it still shows 100% life remaining. I got it on sale through one of the NewEgg shell shocker deals.

Comment

I picked up a (few) 128gb's for $39 each during amazon prime day.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jon/xpm View Post
                Here we go. I found this on slickdeals.

250GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III SSD + $25 Dell eGift Card $100 + Free Shipping

http://slickdeals.net/f/7990951-250g...-free-shipping
                rad, thanks man!

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I picked up a (few) 128gb's for $39 each during amazon prime day.
                I didn't think I needed one until I tried to install Visual Studio 2015 today. My little 100 GB Windows partition didn't have enough room for all the temporary files and Windows/.NETupdates
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Jew spender checking in, I've been running this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148820) since october. No complaints, bf4 loads pretty damn fast, usually one of the first people loaded to a map.
                  sigpic

Comment

I also have a crucial ssd as my primary, had it for about two years or so now.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I used a Crucial M4 (M400?) 128 GB for 2 years in a work laptop (read: abused laptop) with zero problems. I then transferred it to a gaming laptop for another 1.5 years and still had no problems with it. Sold it with it in there and AFAIK, it's still running flawlessly.

My current desktop/gaming rig at home has 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB and 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB, all running in RAID 0, and they are seriously fast. Sub-ten-second boot times, everything loads almost instantaneously, its just all-around much MUCH better to use than any spinning drive ever.

Comment

I run a Samsunng 850 1tb and love it. Computer boots in 5-6 second range, and it instantly comes on from sleep mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I run a Samsunng 850 1tb and love it. Computer boots in 5-6 second range, and it instantly comes on from sleep mode.
                          If I disabled all the shit I have set to run on startup, it would be in that range, but I like having some specific things loaded at startup that I use most often.

Comment

damn... i need to upgrade badly. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to start up and load avg and nvidia. I just have a 750gb 7200 HD. That EVO looks badass and very affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                              damn... i need to upgrade badly. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to start up and load avg and nvidia. I just have a 750gb 7200 HD. That EVO looks badass and very affordable.
                              If you're not running SSD's and you play PC games, you're missing out big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X