Radeon 390 8GB ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 390 8GB ram

Wow, very UNimpressed with this card. Jackies computer has a 4k monitor, 16GB of ram and a 4790k i7 CPU. She couldnt play Diablo3 @ 4k 60FPS, or even at 1080 60FPS. Are radeon cards really that far behind? I'm sending it back post haste.

I ended up getting her a GTX 980 instead as I know it can handle it, should be here in a few hours.

Originally posted by abecx View Post
    Wow, very UNimpressed with this card. Jackies computer has a 4k monitor, 16GB of ram and a 4790k i7 CPU. She couldnt play Diablo3 @ 4k 60FPS, or even at 1080 60FPS. Are radeon cards really that far behind? I'm sending it back post haste.

I ended up getting her a GTX 980 instead as I know it can handle it, should be here in a few hours.
    D3 at idle or D3 mulitplayer with lots of mobs?

That game will kill a machine with a few wizards throwing orbs.

Comment

Single player just doing rifts. Even with the sound off she was getting 30FPS @ 1080p which is just ridiculous, the GTX 660 card she has was doing better than that.

Comment

Yea, that's bad.

Comment

I run a 970 at max graphics with no issues.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

amd gpu = u a gay. 980 way way waywaywaywaywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.
            Last edited by FunFordCobra; 08-14-2015, 03:18 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I got the 980 install still runs like shit. I think its the SSD, its performance is sporadic. I am going to keep troubleshooting. 30-45 FPS is ridiculous.

Comment

Yea something else is up. Even the 390 should eat up 1080.
                sigpic

Comment

So i tested the drive out with a different cable and even a different motherboard, its getting 150MBps -> 390MBps with the average of 222MBps. I think this 240GB Mushkin is just done. I have a Samsung EVO 500 coming in tomorrow at least.

Comment

All blizzard games are CPU limited. I gained 40FPS in starcraft 2 by going from an FX6300 to an I5 4670K

Comment

This has absolutely nothing to do with CPU, and not all their games are CPU limited, that is how the CPU works, it is either doing something or it isnt. You cant be using 50% of the CPU, its 100% or 0%.

Comment

Wat? I've watched plex and other things use the cpu to varying degrees based on demand. It's never full on/off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Wat? I've watched plex and other things use the cpu to varying degrees based on demand. It's never full on/off.
                          A CPU can only be off or on, the % usage that you see is an average of the processing time used over the course of 1000 microseconds. A CPU cant do two things at once, its either doing something or not doing something.

Playing multiplayer Diablo 3 @ 1440 144hz ( 144FPS ), I dont see any CPU limitations at all.

Last edited by abecx; 08-14-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I installed Windows 10 on some 2TB physical drive in raid 1 and its doing 120FPS @ 4k.

Fucking piece of shit SSD.

Comment

I've been running 4k on my 980Ti for about a month now, fantastic video card.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X