is this ssd totaled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this ssd totaled?

3rd pin from the right came disconnected on the sata side. Seems too small to fix? Can it be soldered? Maybe stick it in an oven ti remelt?

Corsair denied me 5 year warranty rma because 1/1000th of the front sticker is torn on a 1 year old ssd.

sigpic
    Tags:

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    3rd pin from the right came disconnected on the sata side. Seems too small to fix? Can it be soldered? Maybe stick it in an oven ti remelt?

Corsair denied me 5 year warranty rma because 1/1000th of the front sticker is torn on a 1 year old ssd.

That's fucking bullshit!

Comment

I have no experience in repairing a connector that small, but for curiosity's sake, can you post a picture of the front sticker?
      sigpic

Comment

Ok I get the upc is torn alittle but I've had other companies like coolermaster and evga bend backwards to keep customers.

Receipt from under a year ago didn't matter at all.

I've had companies take water damaged parts, burnt, and broken without reciepts. Just pictures with the promise I'd keep buying.

sigpic

Comment

I don't see why with a fine tip iron you couldn't solder that back in place.

Comment

Yea, kind of shitty of them.
            sigpic

Comment

I think it's worth a shot on that one for sure. To small of an area to try the drip/drop method, so may have to do what lowthreeohz suggested if you can. Do you solder a lot? If not, may ask for help from someone who does to increase the chances of success.

Corsair is not doing right by you ont his one.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Yea I would totally screw it up without a doubt. Those pins are basically touching lol. There's no way I could dot it that small even with a jewlers eye piece! Yea I'm done with corsair. No big loss.

Kinda insulted because I advertise for them via YouTube tags and get around 7-10k hits per video per year without any amenities, discounts, and now no warranties lol...

Almost ripped my PSU out in spite haha. I just didn't want to resleve PSU cables again..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  Yea I would totally screw it up without a doubt. Those pins are basically touching lol. There's no way I could dot it that small even with a jewlers eye piece!
                  Yeah the more I looked at it the more I would lose confidence too. It's one of those deals where ya have nothing to lose though if you have the equipment already.

Comment

I'm gonna try an old console trick. Oven 225 for 4 hours.hopefully it will seat with a small press from a pen or something.
                    sigpic

Comment

Worth a shot, post up how it works.

Comment

Before putting the whole thing in the oven, I'd suggest simply touching the external part of the pin with a soldering iron, and heat up just the pin to see if that will heat and reset the solder. That way you don't subject the internals to all the heat as well.

Comment

Agreed. If it's enough to soften all the solder, you may be doing more damage than good.

Comment

You need an SMD rework station. I have one that I used to use to repair broken bitcoin machines. I might be able to help you but offer no guarantee.

Comment

I'll give it a shot thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X