Free way to do a custom email domain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free way to do a custom email domain?

Say I wanted to be able to email to and from "iliketacos@strychnine.com" for free. What's the best way to go about that?

And what if I go out in 6 months and actually create a site with that domain through 1and1 or whatever else and try to setup the same email there. Will I have problems rolling over the email address since I was already using it somewhere else?

Not free, but the easiest and most practical option would be to go ahead and register/purchase your domain through whatever registrar you choose to use (e.g, GoDaddy, Hostgator, Dreamhost, etc.). Just keep the domain parked until you're ready to create a website. During that time you can use the myriad of email tools afforded to you by have a hosting package. Most or all will support unlimited webmail, pop3, IMAP, bulk emails, etc. And it's very cheap. Were talking $5-$10/mo. for a shared plan + your Annual Domain Renewal w/Private registration

Keep everything you want to do under a single control panel. It's more pragmatic and reduces headaches.

Comment

Free custom domain and free email? How about free hosting and free unlimited everything while were at it.

Comment

Damnit Cruz, your original post made me laugh, why'd you edit it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Damnit Cruz, your original post made me laugh, why'd you edit it?
          I'm trying this new thing where I'm not so mean lmao

Comment

Where is my Obama domain?!?!

Comment

strychnine.com and strychnine.net are both already registered. You'd have to buy the domain from them and setup an e-mail account. However expect to spend at least $500 for a real word .com domain.

You could get strychnine.co for $13 though.

Comment

fair enough, but that was hilarious.

Comment

What did I miss?

Comment

He'll have to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      He'll have to say...
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Meh, I'm not gonna throw anyone under the bus for someone else to drive it back and forth.

Comment

It wasn't that mean, I just said they were the worst kind of people.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            Not free, but the easiest and most practical option would be to go ahead and register/purchase your domain through whatever registrar you choose to use (e.g, GoDaddy, Hostgator, Dreamhost, etc.). Just keep the domain parked until you're ready to create a website. During that time you can use the myriad of email tools afforded to you by have a hosting package. Most or all will support unlimited webmail, pop3, IMAP, bulk emails, etc. And it's very cheap. Were talking $5-$10/mo. for a shared plan + your Annual Domain Renewal w/Private registration

Keep everything you want to do under a single control panel. It's more pragmatic and reduces headaches.
                            this
                            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                              Free custom domain and free email? How about free hosting and free unlimited everything while were at it.
                              Sweet, I want this, and also free cell service, with no data limitations! Where do I sign up?

Comment

Working...
                              X