windows licensing and what i did.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows licensing and what i did.

I had some server requests that required multiple Windows installations. At the time I thought no problem, but the volume licenses from the company we bought out seemed highly dubious, so I decided to start from scratch.

I did not want to go out and buy a bunch of Windows 10 licenses for 10 machines that were only going to run a single process as that seemed expensive.

I saw that Microsoft provides a free virtual instance you can use for testing.

Unfortunately the license expires after 90 days, I didn't feel like recreating the instance every time to save $120, or doing funny hacker shit as this is a business, bro.

So I went to eBay, and found many users selling windows 7 and 8 keys for cheap. I found a guy selling 5 of them for $55 and bought them. I wondered if it would actually work and sure enough, I typed in my CD key from a Windows 8 licenses into a Windows 10 Pro install, and it recognized it and authorized/authenticated/activated it as genuine.

So yeah, if you need a few licenses, you might want to check that out before Microsoft goes away with free upgrades in the coming month.

Stick it to the man!

Comment

Don't be surprised when those keys get blacklisted because they're gvlk and have been used more than the M$ allowance.

Comment

what is GVLK? These are DELL Oem motherboard replacement keys.

Comment

In my experience, keys sold that cheap on fleabay are gvlk and get blacklisted really quick.

Comment

Working...
          X