Video editing software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video editing software

I've never really ventured into editing video, but now that I have a GoPro HD i'd like to make some compilations and be able to add music where I want, etc.

Are there any user friendly Windows based programs that you guys would recommend?

If you're just looking to cut clips and splice them together and add music, Windows Movie Maker will suffice. If you're looking to do some real editing, especially with regards to sound and color, then something like Adobe Premier or Avid. However, neither is going to be particularly user friendly or cheap (as in two grand, unless you can find a quality torrent).

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      If you're just looking to cut clips and splice them together and add music, Windows Movie Maker will suffice. If you're looking to do some real editing, especially with regards to sound and color, then something like Adobe Premier or Avid. However, neither is going to be particularly user friendly or cheap (as in two grand, unless you can find a quality torrent).
      Thank you for the input. I'm decent at teaching myself new programs and researching if I get stuck on something, so I will probably try to find a copy of the more quality applications you mentioned, though until then i'll try out WMM

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        Thank you for the input. I'm decent at teaching myself new programs and researching if I get stuck on something, so I will probably try to find a copy of the more quality applications you mentioned, though until then i'll try out WMM
        If you're good with teaching yourself new programs and can read a manual then you can handle them. Most of the difficulty isn't in navigating the program but rather in the thousand little things going on in those programs. Grab a manual and you'll be able to knock it out.

Oh, and PM with a link if you find a good copy of the sofware, lol.

Comment

Adobe premiere
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Alright, well I made a test video and it looks much better before uploading to Youtube. It seems that Windows Movie Maker does not give me the option to upload in an HD format.

Are there any free programs that you know of that will allow me to edit video and also save in a higher quality format?

Comment

XP here...

Comment

Get with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  Get with the times.
                  lol, seriously! The only PC I use right now is my work laptop with my own image, but i'm not sure if a lot of our programs are compatible.

I guess it's time to go laptop shopping

Comment

Are you giving the camera man/woman a piggy back ride?
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                      Are you giving the camera man/woman a piggy back ride?
                      Nope, it was mounted on my helmet.

Comment

haha, be safe around that area.. I hate that traffic in my car!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                          XP here...
                          WTH, you finally upgraded from Windows ME?

Comment

Windows Movie Maker sucks monkey dick, at least the version I'm running with Win7. Thinking of trying

All I want to do is some simple editing of video clips with some music and basic transitions. Working with .MTS .mp4 and .avi files

Comment

Working...
                            X