Desktop Speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Speakers.

Well my speakers for my computer took a shit and crapped out on me this week. Now I'm in the market for a new set and I haven't bought speakers in probably 7 years so I have no clue what brands are quality. I have a pair of Monsoon M700 flat panel 2.1 speakers which have served me greatly. Here's the problem, a new set is about $150 (don't remember paying that back then) and I'm not looking to spend $150 on speakers. I'm not looking for any sort of surround sound, a 2.1 set will do just fine. Looking to keep it under $100, if I can get away with $50-$75 that's even better. The key this is I want sound quality.

What's out there?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

ebay a set of klipsch 2.1 pro medias.

they are good speakers but even better with some modifications.

if you want even better, get a decent set of bookshelf speakers and a home stereo receiver.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
      ebay a set of klipsch 2.1 pro medias.

they are good speakers but even better with some modifications.
      What sort of modifications?
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Another vote for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Had them for a few years and they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
          Another vote for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Had them for a few years and they are great.
          x3, same here, fantastic speakers.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm reading nothing but great reviews about them online.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              What sort of modifications?
              mine were crackling due to the speaker cables/jacks.

i removed the 3.5mm mono jacks and stock speaker cable in favor of better quality cable and binding posts. that made a nice improvement.

i want to go a little further so the next thing i will do is to remove the control pod (volume controls attached to 1 spaker) from mine and wire the sub with a volume knob and LFE input.

then i'll use the fiber out from my computer and use a harman kardon hk 3490 stereo amplifier.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I am very satisfied with my logitech surround sound system. Bass is incredible. my son watches dino dan on my pc and when the dinosaurs are moving around sounds very real. I'm sure all surrounds sounds good, but this is the only one I have experienced.

Comment

^

My buddy swears by the Logitech 5.1 and I found this one here...

Find a great collection of Laptops, Printers, Desktop Computers and more at HP. Enjoy Low Prices and Free Shipping when you buy now online.

Comment

I have the x-530, and that's the cheap one.

Comment

I bought a used Logitech Z5500 system off craigslist that will knock the walls down for a petty 90 bucks. Check CL for a couple days and you might be surprised what you can find.

Comment

I still have my 2.1 from back in fall of 97. I use them in my garage now. Sub is starting to go out, but it still plays fine when I'm doing shit in garage.
                        Sorry, useless post,but thought I should share..haha

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                          I still have my 2.1 from back in fall of 97. I use them in my garage now. Sub is starting to go out, but it still plays fine when I'm doing shit in garage.
                          Sorry, useless post,but thought I should share..haha
                          Why you free post stealing ASSHOLE!!!! I keed I keed. I'd purchase a surround sound set but to be honest I really don't have a need for surround sound for my PC. I haven't jumped into a PC game in over 6 months so the 2.1 works nicely for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X