Google results redirecting to ads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google results redirecting to ads??

Every once and a while I click a result from google and it will redirect me to another site. I have ran spybot and malwarebytes and it usually finds nothing. I also run AVG free edition full time.

Does this sound like something up with Google or spyware?

Overview of settings and features available in a Kaspersky application and guides on how to use them.

Do this and run it then post the results. Also, dl and run Ccleaner to flag end and delete temp files.

Comment

ran tdsskiller and nothing found on the system. Will download and run Ccleaner after work.

Comment

what browser are you using

Comment

ran Ccleaner this morning. Cleaned all kinds of crap and let the registry cleaner do its thing a few times too. I shut the computer down and came to work after that so I havent tested it. Its real random though, doesnt redirect everytime. And when it does redirect I can hit the back button, click the link again and it will take me to the real site everytime.

I use the new beta Firefox but have tried it on Chrome also and same issue.

Comment

Mine has been doing it off and on the past couple of days.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Can either of you give me an example of what you were searchin for that redirected?

Comment

anything and everything. Like I said its very random. Next time it does it Ill post up what I searched and where it took me. I didnt use the netbook last night but my wife says no issues so far.

Comment

Do you know if you're using the default hosts and dns?

Comment

default as far as I know

Comment

figured I would post up. Just got redirected again!

On Firefox 4.0 I googled "credit card soft pull" and the first link was for creditboards but got redirected to this instead....

Find the best credit cards by comparing a variety of offers for balance transfers, rewards, low interest, and more. Apply online at CreditCards.com.

and here is the link it was supposed to take me to...

Comment

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
                        • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
                        • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
                        • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
                        • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
                        • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
                        • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
                        • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

Comment

already did malware bytes and spybot.

Comment

Did they both come up clean? I ask this because I Googled the search term you posted, clicked the first link and went right to where it was supposed to go.

Comment

Yep everything comes back clean. I think I am going to boot into safemode and try again just to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X