another router problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another router problem

i bought a new belkin wireless router about a month ago. now, my neither of my Wii's or my PS3 will connect. they pick up the signal is there but won't get online. both my laptops connect no problem. if i hard wire my PS3 and 360, those work perfect too. i have no idea where to start. should i just take this router back and get a different one?

Try updating the firmware on your existing belkin router. Look up the model number on their web site, there should be the download and the instructions.
    WRX

Comment

i looked at that and i have the latest fireware for my router. it's wierd. my last one just quick all together, and this one still lets my laptops connect and that's it.

Comment

ok, well, i got in there and started messing around with the settings and fixed it. all i did was change the privacy setting to "on". i had the WAP, or whatever, on so it was a "secure" network. that change fixed it and now my PS3 and Wii's are online again.

Comment

Okay, word of advice, take note of any all security settings....

WEP
          WPA
          WPA2
          /
          TKIP
          AES
          ...etc

Any keys (pass phrases/passwords) that you assigned to you SSID

your SSID (case sensitive)

Most people call things a "router" problem when in actuality it is usually a device configuration problem. Those settings must match exactly on all devices configured to use the AP portion of the "router".
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

well, im having the same problem again. the setting are the same as before. my laptops connect and work, but my phone, ps3 and both Wii's find the router but can't connect/stay connected to it.

Comment

I had a lot of problems with my 360 connecting before I hard set the wireless channel. (laptops/pcs are used to this, more so than PS3/xbox)

Many times they come "auto" where the router picks a wireless channel by itself.

After I hard locked mine to "7" i think, it worked a lot better.

The fact that you are saying it will connect at times somewhat leads to this.
              WRX

Comment

Working...
              X