WTF?! My laptop randomly plays AD AUDIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?! My laptop randomly plays AD AUDIO

I've run spybot,, nothing. I try to install Malwarebytes, and it won't let me. It errors out. Avira, nothing. It only happens when I run Firefox. About to check if it happens when I run IE.
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Download rkill and run it a couple of times, then try to install malwarebytes. Rkill stops the malware processes that block the download of malwarebytes.

If that doesn't work download and save rkill and malwarebytes to a disk/flash drive if you have access to a computer that isn't infected. then take them over to your infected computer and try the same thing.

sometimes changing the names of rkill and malwarebytes helps too, it throws the virus off.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post

sometimes changing the names of rkill and malwarebytes helps too, it throws the virus off.

That worked. Now to see wtf I have

Comment

I'm 99% sure you have a rootkit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          I'm 99% sure you have a rootkit.

Well, Mbytes has 2 detections. Still running.

Comment

Any results yet?

Comment

Bump...

Comment

Sorry, forgot about this thread. It was a rootkit. Mbytes cleared it out. No problem nowz

Comment

Not to freak you out or anything but, I personally wouldn't use that machine for ANY BANKING or other personal /sensitive info. There's only one way to be 100% sure a rootkit is gone and that's a format/reinstall.

Rootkit's alter the OS at the core (root) level and once compromised you can never be sure of that system's security again.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                    Sorry, forgot about this thread. It was a rootkit. Mbytes cleared it out. No problem nowz
                    Damnit Luis,
                    That AZN Pr0n gets you every time.
                    03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Not to freak you out or anything but, I personally wouldn't use that machine for ANY BANKING or other personal /sensitive info. There's only one way to be 100% sure a rootkit is gone and that's a format/reinstall.

Rootkit's alter the OS at the core (root) level and once compromised you can never be sure of that system's security again.
                      Lol! Well fuck. Looks like I'll be reformatting soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X