Help running network cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help running network cable

I want to run some Cat V, or maybe VI, from one room in my house to another for faster Xbox game play. (Wifi is great but I'm tired of the lag.) I need to fish the line up a PITA wall and through the attic (big standup space) and then down to place I'd like the network line to come out. Anyone do this for a living or want to help for a case of beer or something?!?!?! I'm a pretty decent installer but running cable w/ 2 people is SO much easier. (Plus I don't know all the tricks.)
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

I'd help on this project, did you have a time in place?
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I have the place, my house, just not the time yet. I'll need to source a few things, cat 5 line, line ends, plates, etc. I'd like to get it done before it gets hot. I'll shoot you a PM and we can go from there.
      Thanks!
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Instead of fishing the cable up the wall why not bring the entire cord up with you and drop an end down each wall?
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Oh, it will be dropped for sure, but there's one wall w/ a horizontal 2x4 that is too far to drill through. BTDT, and it's location isn't optional. Thanks for the thoughts though!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            Oh, it will be dropped for sure, but there's one wall w/ a horizontal 2x4 that is too far to drill through. BTDT, and it's location isn't optional. Thanks for the thoughts though!
            You need one of these:

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
              Even cheaper one:

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                I want to run some Cat V, or maybe VI, from one room in my house to another for faster Xbox game play. (Wifi is great but I'm tired of the lag.) I need to fish the line up a PITA wall and through the attic (big standup space) and then down to place I'd like the network line to come out. Anyone do this for a living or want to help for a case of beer or something?!?!?! I'm a pretty decent installer but running cable w/ 2 people is SO much easier. (Plus I don't know all the tricks.)

i use this at work daily.
                03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post

Wish that stuff was around when I was pulling cable....

Comment

Just call your best friend and make his ass pull it. He more than likely works for the telecom anyways.
                    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

You want to rent/lend that for a day?!?!? That's EXACTLY what I need!

Comment

Working...
                      X