Anyone use CrashPlan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use CrashPlan?

I was going to just build a damn server at the house with 4 x 2tb disks in a Raid10 but stumbled across CrashPlan on slickdeals (btw, adrive.com has free 50gb of online storage).

Anyways, to back up a single computer with unlimited online storage, its about $3-4/month. They say they do not delete any files like Carbonite/Mozy.

Its cheap (down to $2.92/computer if you sign up for 4 years which is $139). That is the cost of say 2 x 2tb disks. The bonus is no extra electricity costs, extra computer running, etc. They do 448bit encryption on your data with 256bit communication encryption. Read a few professional reviews and they were all positive. I can back up all the computers in the house to my main computer and then upload from here. Family play for up to 10 computers is $6-8/month with unlimited backup.

Any thoughts?

Also, they have free software to backup your computer to another persons computer (a friend or family) in another house.

it's cheap.

i'd be curious to see how fast are the up/down speeds are.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

If you have AT&T I would guess this would count against your internet usage, that might be a factor to think about.
      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
        it's cheap.

i'd be curious to see how fast are the up/down speeds are.
        From what I have read, it seems like max upload to them is about 150kb/s. They offer that "mail you a hard drive" thing if you dont want to wait for $120. Pass

Comment

Working...
        X