Remotely connect to another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remotely connect to another computer

My father in law is having problems with his computer and I need to connect to his computer to get in and see what programs he changed to make his computer not function correctly.
    He is running Windows Vista on a HP Laptop and I am on Windows 7 Pro.

What must I do and what must he do so that I can control his laptop to see what I can change to get it running again correctly.

He cant system restore back it says It will not allow it. And his wifi isn't working correctly I tried to "msconfig" and enable everything and still nothing is working.

showmypc.com
    sigpic

Comment

For your PC. http://www.teamviewer.com/download/T...r_Setup_en.exe

For his. http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS_en.exe

Comment

for free?

Comment

his internet is not working now for some reason..so he can't download that :\

Comment

Yeah and you won't remotely connect without him having Internet connectivity.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If he cannot get on the interwebs, you can't remote to him.

Has he rebooted to see if his connectivity returns? What did he last do before the internet no longer worked?

Comment

I just now remember that, well he can't retrace his steps on what he did to make his internet not working anymore.

Also, I had him go into his Windows Services and EVERYTHING is disabled!!

Comment

Ok, I had him go to msconfig and just put General under the startup tab and he restarted and NOW he has internet but still his background looks like windows 98 still not windows vista like before.

Comment

Update: Everything is working perfectly now, I guess he must of turned off something along with doing his windows updates the wrong way and it both interfered with each other and it screwed everything up.

Comment

Working...
                    X