No announcement yet.

Pokemon Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kept hearing about people talking garbage in regards to Pokemon Go, how its immature and a waste of time, clearly not understanding what or how the game works. I refused to believe people were that small minded and negative as none of my social media friends or co-workers were behaving in such a manner. I am sorry to say that trend ended as soon as I came here. No wonder some of you are exactly where you were 15 years ago.

Comment

I'm not intolerant of it. If something similar existed around an IP that I care about, I'd probably be playing it. I just don't care about Pokemon, like, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
        I kept hearing about people talking garbage in regards to Pokemon Go, how its immature and a waste of time, clearly not understanding what or how the game works. I refused to believe people were that small minded and negative as none of my social media friends or co-workers were behaving in such a manner. I am sorry to say that trend ended as soon as I came here. No wonder some of you are exactly where you were 15 years ago.
        What, this site is the antithesis to all of your day-to-day interactions and everyone here just dumb? This is the group that broke your faith in people? There are two sides to that coin.

1.) It's a sign of the times. In marketing professions, technology, etc this is a great case study in how things are changing and if you're a forward thinker you can glean a lot from this.

2.) Most people playing this are not coming from that angle. They are killing time chasing imaginary things while other people study them. They guy walking into traffic isn't caring much about how the potential research could affect his marketing campaign for a product he's selling. The guy running through a park like a lemming with 200 other people chasing an imaginary thing isn't wondering how he can use this technology in their own life.

Researcher vs research subject. You shouldn't be so quick to demonize everyone who thinks it's retarded, and vice versa.

It's like people watching cat vidoes on youtube. You can either watch them, learn lessons from those watching them, or completely remove yourself and go do something more productive with your time, but implying people are "exactly where they were 15 years ago" because they don't understand why people play a game on their phone... really?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          I'm not intolerant of it. If something similar existed around an IP that I care about, I'd probably be playing it. I just don't care about Pokemon, like, at all.
          The game is based on an existing AR engine, ingress. Might float your boat.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          It's like people watching cat vidoes on youtube. You can either watch them, learn lessons from those watching them, or completely remove yourself and go do something more productive with your time, but implying people are "exactly where you were 15 years ago" because they don't understand why people play some game... really?
          Except you dont exercise, social network, or see landmarks when you're watching cat videos. Jackie met 2 new friends/mothers at the arboretum today increasing our mothers group and kids our daughter can playdate with. And it has nothing to do with the game, more so just being closed minded in general for lack of personal progress.

Comment

I don't play the game, or have any interest, other than one question.

How is it decided where the Pokemons will be? I've seen people complaining about having people come on their property to "catch" Pokemons, and it makes me curious as to how those little bastards got there in the first place. I can see people getting shot or at least arrested if that continues.
            Last edited by jluv; 07-18-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

How is it decided where the Pokemons will be? I've seen people complaining about having people come on their property to "catch" Pokemons, and it makes me curious as to how those little bastards got their in the first place. I can see people getting shot or at least arrested if that continues.
              Good question.

Could the first "Pokemon Go" tresspass shooting be just around the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

How is it decided where the Pokemons will be? I've seen people complaining about having people come on their property to "catch" Pokemons, and it makes me curious as to how those little bastards got there in the first place. I can see people getting shot or at least arrested if that continues.
                Google maps API using landmarks and heavily visited places.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  Google maps API using landmarks and heavily visited places.
                  Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                    70 Magikarp candy away from a Gyarados. He better be a beast!
                    Post up when you evolve it and let's hear the cp.

Comment

There were 100's of people in downtown Sherman this evening playing this game.

Comment

I need to be a Pokestop. Any way to help my business become one? I was wanting to buy the coins and lure modules or whatever to attract customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          I need to be a Pokestop. Any way to help my business become one? I was wanting to buy the coins and lure modules or whatever to attract customers.

I don't know about the pokestop but I have read that people with businesses are buying lures. I don't know much about how it works, my wife is playing the game and I have only listened to what she is saying part of the time.

Comment

I haven't played either but my boy said we are not a stop.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

You have to send in your request to niantic to become a pokestop. Also, once you become one, you'll need to download the game and purchase the lure modules and use them when you please.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                There were 100's of people in downtown Sherman this evening playing this game.
                                Pretty sure those were the local crackheads
                                Originally posted by Buzzo
                                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X