Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Seems too obvious to me, old George rr Martin is probably leading everyone on, snow has black hair and that means Baratheon.
    yup, i'm on your side here, he's all Baratheon

Comment

• I thought it is pretty clear that Jon Snow is not the bastard child of Eddard Stark, but the child of Lyanna Stark (Eddard's sister and Robert Baratheon's first wife). She died during some battle during the big rebellion. Eddard was there during the death but Robert was in King's Landing. I would think Robert is NOT the father. Father was Rhaegar Targaryen who kidnappede Lyanna and took her to some tower in dorne (i think).

Something in one of the first episodes about Eddard discovering her in a pool of blood in her last breaths. So she probably died in child birth so Eddard lies and says it is his bastard son to protect the child of his sister as Robert Baratheon would have had it killed and likely all kinds of hot water for every Stark.

If he is a Baratheon, then than means it was actually Robert's child, thus the rightful heir to the throne (post rebellion). If that is the case why would Ed not have given Robert his child as Robert actually loved Lyanna (unlike Cersei) and would have raised him to be heir.

Hell, he is still the rightful heir to the throne pre-rebellion too, as he would be the next Targaryen descendant too (over Daenerys being male and all).
      Last edited by momo; 05-05-2016, 10:24 AM.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I think the whole RR Martin "gotcha" is Ned thought he was Rhaegar's child, but turns out he's really Robert's

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          I think the whole RR Martin "gotcha" is Ned thought he was Rhaegar's child, but turns out he's really Robert's
          all i know is they better show us sunday through a bran vision.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
            all i know is they better show us sunday through a bran vision.
            Won't happen I don't think, not anytime soon because it is THE question of the show. Apparently they are going to show the fight between Eddard Stark and Sir Arthur Dane. It also has Barriston Selmy on Dane's side too from what I remember.

Supposedly Jon Snow is the son of Eddard and Sir Arthur Dane's sister, Ashara Dane.

I just don't think they are going to vary the show significantly from the books on this plot line.

The whole thing with Jon being the son of Rhaegar is just too obvious to me.

In the books:
            - Rhaegar's son is actually alive, the mountain didn't kill him and Varys hid him away like he does with Tyrion in the TV show. I wouldn't be surprised if that storyline gets put in somehow
            -Jon shares a wet nurse with Gendry who is Robert Baratheon's bastard son. I don't see that happening if Jon is Rhaegar's child. Robert Baratheon wanted to kill every child from that bloodline. Granted, none of that is mentioned in the show and I guess it is possible if Ned claims that Jon is his son with Ashara Dane.
            -Jon has the same abilities as Arya and the other Stark kids, to go into the minds of the wolves. They have dreams about them. They kill people as wolves. It is all played down in the show with all characters except for Bran. In the book Arya is a vicious killer that goes into her wolf at night and rips people apart all over the countryside during the war. That is a Stark trait.

There is going to be a curveball, I can't see what it is yet but it is buried in there somewhere.
            Last edited by Broncojohnny; 05-05-2016, 09:23 PM.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• A lot of nerding out in here.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                A lot of nerding out in here.
                Yeah there is.

I have not watched any of this series with regularity. Caught a few minutes here and there a couple years ago, never got into it.

Comment

• Lots going on for a relatively slow episode. Another dire wolf down (RIP Shaggy Dog) and I'm concerned for Rickon and Osha.

Now that his watch has ended, are we getting Jon leading the wildlings against Boltons? Will it take meeting up with Sansa or hearing that Rickon is in custody or both?

Comment

• I have this feeling that Bolton is going to be the one who takes it on the fucking chin from the undead army. As a plot device they have to show the undead army destroying something south of the wall and they are building up Ramsay to be a real piece of shit. The wildlings will probably head out with Jon and the night's watch will probably go with him. Then the undead army crosses the wall and absolutely destroys Bolton's bastard at Winterfell. Once that happens shit gets real for a lot of people.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I have this feeling that Bolton is going to be the one who takes it on the fucking chin from the undead army. As a plot device they have to show the undead army destroying something south of the wall and they are building up Ramsay to be a real piece of shit. The wildlings will probably head out with Jon and the night's watch will probably go with him. Then the undead army crosses the wall and absolutely destroys Bolton's bastard at Winterfell. Once that happens shit gets real for a lot of people.
                      Undead = zombies!

Comment

• Excellent.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Undead = zombies!
                          He's being politically correct.

Comment

• Jesus Snow just needs to kick ass and take names.

Comment

• Seemed like a lot of setup in this episode, though the Dani setup sure was cool at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                Seemed like a lot of setup in this episode, though the Dani setup sure was cool at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X