No announcement yet.

Django Unchained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen several of S. Lee's movies, and Do The Right Thing was the only one that was even remotely "good" and I use that term loosely. I agree with the forced racism in his movies; he must be seeing it in real life where it doesn't exist also. Still haven't got a chance to get out and see this yet, should have it in the bag this weekend.

Comment

Man, this fucking movie is GREAT! If you haven't seen it, you're doing yourself an injustice. Christoph Waltz had an even better performance in Django than he did IB, IMO. Samuel L Jackson had some absolutely hilarious lines. Fucking excellent.

Comment

I saw it tonight with racrguy, and I'm going to need to see it again, and most likely will need a little while to process it. This movie was fucking excellent.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Man, I can't wait till I get back home and can see it.

Comment

!

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            Christoph Waltz had an even better performance in Django than he did IB, IMO.
            Samuel L Jackson had some absolutely hilarious lines. Fucking excellent.
            Waltz and Jackson were obviously relishing their roles in this movie!! Foxx actually gave a noteworthy performance too. But he was still eclipsed by Waltz and Jackson!

Comment

Fuck it. I'm listening to Wagner all day.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I thought it was good. Not great. Not yet anyway, it usually takes me two viewings to let everything sink in with Tarantino and catch all the subtleties.

One thing I am impressed with is him just having the balls to make a movie like this to begin with. There is some terrible shit going on, and he goes at it like he does everything else: unflinching, which is why I admire him as a writer/director. I can't think of any modern movie to compare it to, and that alone makes this a film people should see.

As for this movie in particular, I don't see it ever being held as high as RD, PF, KB, or IB, but it was well done. Acting was superb, but a minor annoyance is how his characters are always so pleased with themselves. That isn't relegated to this movie alone, it is getting worse the longer his career goes on; he really started going overboard in the Death Proof segment of Grindhouse. A lot of the time it seems like he is just stopping short of having them wink at the camera with their cleverness, and it takes me out of it.

Waltz was fantastic again, like he has been in everything I've seen him in, but I don't think he pulled off the same level as he did in IB(and really he was almost the exact same character in a different situation if you really compare the two). DiCaprio and Foxx were both on point too, and Jackson was pretty entertaining.

Overall it was a good unique flick, and I'll of course be picking it up on bluray like all his other movies when it comes out. Looking forward to seeing what I think of it after a second go 'round.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I thought it was good. Not great. Not yet anyway, it usually takes me two viewings to let everything sink in with Tarantino and catch all the subtleties.
                  Same way with me. I didn't care much for IB the first time I saw it, but I've enjoyed it more and more each time I've watched it. PF was this way for sure too, with the out of sequence scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    and Jackson was pretty entertaining.
                    He was funny as hell
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      Same way with me. I didn't care much for IB the first time I saw it, but I've enjoyed it more and more each time I've watched it. PF was this way for sure too, with the out of sequence scenes.

IB I really liked the first time I saw it but didn't think it was that great. I made the mistake of going to a movie tavern to see it it and was thoroughly shitfaced halfway through though. I think all things considered it is probably his best film. Not my favorite, necessarily, but his most well done overall.

Comment

• Katt Williams says he is going to put his fist in Tarantino's mouth when he sees him
                        In between getting out of jail and getting in the middle of a parking lot brawl, Katt Williams took the time to talk to TMZ about "Django Unchained" ... and threatened to mess up Quentin Tarantino if he gets the chance.

Comment

• ^he better get a step stool along with spike

Comment

• Hope he has bail money.

Comment

• Katt Williams, a member of Mensa? I want to see the proof. lolz

Comment

• society is.to blame.

Comment

Working...
                                X