No announcement yet.

Django Unchained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great flick. I think it's funny that Spike Lee will make negative comments about it regarding Quentin Tarantino but you never hear him mention anything negative about his brothers Jamie Fox or Samuel Jackson for playing the parts in the movie.

Comment

• How awesome would this be? Lee and Williams are really going to shit a brick:

While doing press for his new release Django Unchained, director Quentin Tarantino revealed plans for a future project titled Killer Crow, an Inglourious Basterds spin-off to be set in 1944 after Normandy.

"I don't know exactly when I'm going to do it, but there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy," Tarantino told The Root (via Salon). "My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f--ked over by the American military and kind of go apes--t. They basically -- the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" -- [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."

The filmmaker continued, "So that was always going to be part of it. And I was going to do it as a miniseries, and that was going to be one of the big storylines. When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it."

Tarantino added that Killer Crow "would be [connected to] Inglourious Basterds, too, because Inglourious Basterds are in it, but it is about the soldiers."

Comment

• I need to go see it. Several uppity people I know (not negros) were offended, as if they didn't expect it to be what it was, which makes me want to see it even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          I need to go see it. Several uppity people I know (not negros) were offended, as if they didn't expect it to be what it was, which makes me want to see it even more.

I don't understand this. What happened back then WAS offensive to the entire human species. I'm glad someone has the balls to tell stories about it and not try to gloss it over.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            How awesome would this be? Lee and Williams are really going to shit a brick:

While doing press for his new release Django Unchained, director Quentin Tarantino revealed plans for a future project titled Killer Crow, an Inglourious Basterds spin-off to be set in 1944 after Normandy.

"I don't know exactly when I'm going to do it, but there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy," Tarantino told The Root (via Salon). "My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f--ked over by the American military and kind of go apes--t. They basically -- the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" -- [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."

The filmmaker continued, "So that was always going to be part of it. And I was going to do it as a miniseries, and that was going to be one of the big storylines. When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it."

Tarantino added that Killer Crow "would be [connected to] Inglourious Basterds, too, because Inglourious Basterds are in it, but it is about the soldiers."
            Sounds like he's taking it a little too far now. I hope that's a joke. His idea in the middle of WW2 fighting the germans is to make black american soldiers kill white american soldiers the same way they killed nazi's in inglorious basterds? It sounds just like Spike Lee's stupid ass movie.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Going to see this tomorrow....

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Sounds like he's taking it a little too far now. I hope that's a joke. His idea in the middle of WW2 fighting the germans is to make black american soldiers kill white american soldiers the same way they killed nazi's in inglorious basterds? It sounds just like Spike Lee's stupid ass movie.
                I think he's just fucking with us. He almost never reveals new projects before he has a lot in the can, and in interviews, he's been dressing like Spike Lee, with the oversized backwards newsie hat, and FUBU/Wu Wear jerseys, and not acknowledging it at all. It's pretty elegant trolling, truth be told.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• I guess Spike Lee doesn't think that the word "n!gger" was used very much back in the days of slavery? I'm sure everybody respectfully called them "african americans."

Hell, I think Samuel L Jackson and Jamie Foxx used the word more than anybody else in the movie.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    I think he's just fucking with us. He almost never reveals new projects before he has a lot in the can, and in interviews, he's been dressing like Spike Lee, with the oversized backwards newsie hat, and FUBU/Wu Wear jerseys, and not acknowledging it at all. It's pretty elegant trolling, truth be told.
                    I assume it's a joke as well.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      i agree i think he was just making fun of spike lees shitty wwII movie. if he wasnt and actually makes it i would be let down personally.. but who knows it q.t.

Comment

• Saw it for the second time last night.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• I saw it. It was okay. Not my favorite Tarantino flick by far, but still had the hallmarks of his stuff: good music, interesting dialog, and unusual camera angles. The gore got kind of stupid, and I really could have gone without seeing Foxx's ballsac.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            I saw it. It was okay. Not my favorite Tarantino flick by far, but still had the hallmarks of his stuff: good music, interesting dialog, and unusual camera angles. The gore got kind of stupid, and I really could have gone without seeing Foxx's ballsac.
                            That was your favorite part, meat gazer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird
                              I saw it. It was okay. Not my favorite Tarantino flick by far, but still had the hallmarks of his stuff: good music, interesting dialog, and unusual camera angles. The gore got kind of stupid, and I really could have gone without seeing Foxx's ballsac.
                              That was your favorite part, meat gazer.

Comment

• Fucking awesome movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X