Official Netflix streaming thread! Post up your picks and new stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GE View Post
    All of the IMDB reviews said it pretty much wanked. I thought it was interesting. ide fuck her in the ass!
    Would you after SVO?

Comment

• I said "kung fury" but u guys are gay and didn't say nothin
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
        I said "kung fury" but u guys are gay and didn't say nothin
        Watched it tonight. It was a fun 30 minutes.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night (strange vampire movie)
          WRX

Comment

• If you like horses and seeing great footage of the American west, catch Unbranded. A pretty good little movie about guys traveling horseback on mustangs from Mexico to Canada.

Comment

• Inside the American mob. Sweet.
              sigpic

Comment

• Blue Ruin.

Pretty entertaining movie
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  If you like horses and seeing great footage of the American west, catch Unbranded. A pretty good little movie about guys traveling horseback on mustangs from Mexico to Canada.
                  Watched it last night and I really enjoyed it.. Great footage and an awesome trip. The whole "we have to finish together" was a bit stupid to me. What do you care as long as you make it?
                  Last edited by Chili; 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM. Reason: Removed spoiler

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Watched it last night and I really enjoyed it.. Great footage and an awesome trip. The whole "we have to finish together" was a bit stupid to me. What do you care as long as you make it?
                    TBH I thought maybe they scripted that just to get some kind of drama into the whole thing. It wasn't necessary at all.

Comment

TBH I thought maybe they scripted that just to get some kind of drama into the whole thing. It wasn't necessary at all.
                      Yeah, that's the feeling I got too. The guy is young though, so hopefully he learns to let things go, particularly when they are out of his control. The key part of building your personal experience is to keep in mind it it is 'personal', and should not depend on others successes or failures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Yeah, that's the feeling I got too. The guy is young though, so hopefully he learns to let things go, particularly when they are out of his control. The key part of building your personal experience is to keep in mind it it is 'personal', and should not depend on others successes or failures.
                        I agree. I do think the frustrations with the directions they were going was real. They were really doubting his navigation skills.

I also commend them on not pushing an agenda one way or another on how to handle the mustangs in the wild.

Comment

I agree. I do think the frustrations with the directions they were going was real. They were really doubting his navigation skills.

I also commend them on not pushing an agenda one way or another on how to handle the mustangs in the wild.
                          Yeah, they did a good job on that, and I can see the navigation issues / frustrations. Hell, I know guys that spend months trying to put together a map of off-road trails from one end of a state to another, and even after countless recon and scouting trips, still end up getting blocked at some point. lol

They did have a lot more support than I expected at the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I know their trip was challenging, even with the support they had, but honestly expected them to be more independent.

Comment

• There's some pretty good stuff up right now if you're into documentaries:

180* South - "Adventurer Jeff Johnson retraces a 1968 trip to Patagonia undertaken by his heroes, Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins."

The Great Alone - "The life of champion dog sled racer Lance Mackey, from his days as a boy to his fight with cancer."

Damnation - "DamNation is a 2014 advocacy documentary film about the changing attitudes in the United States concerning the large system of dams in that country"

Valley Uprising - "Generations of beatniks and madmen drop out of society and take up a life of rock climbing on the massive granite walls of Yosemite National Park."

Point and Shoot - "Matthew Vandyke leaves his home in Baltimore to help rebels in Libya overthrow dictator Muammar Gaddafi. With a gun in one hand and a video camera in the other, Matthew records the struggle for political freedom and personal transformation."

Restrepo - "Photographer Tim Hetherington and journalist Sebastian Junger allow the realities of war to speak for themselves in this unnarrated documentary about a U.S. platoon in Afghanistan. The men of Second Platoon, Battle Company, 173rd Airborne Brigade teeter from naivete to weariness as months of alternating boredom and fighting take their toll. The loss of medic Juan "Doc" Restrepo leads the platoon to name an outpost in the remote Korengal Valley after him."

Korengal - "Filmmaker Sebastian Junger embeds with a unit in Afghanistan to examine what war feels like and what it does to soldiers."

The Smartest Guys in the Room - "This documentary explores the fall of the Enron Corporation, arguably the most shocking example of modern corporate corruption. The company is linked with several illegal schemes, including instigating the California energy crisis as a way to drive up utility prices at the expense of the average American. In a hyper-competitive environment, Enron traders resort to all kinds of underhanded dealings in order to make money at any cost and keep their high-paying jobs."

Comment

• Black Mirror - The most disturbing thing on TV right now.
                              WRX

Comment

• Chappelle's new standup released today

Comment

Working...
                                X