Yank Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yank Tanks

Documentary looking at the cars that are left in Cuba since before the embargo, which most consists of 40s and 50s American cars, and what the guys over there have to go through to keep them running. Pretty interesting seeing the stuff they build from scratch just to keep their cars on the road. It's on Netflix streaming.

Watched that earlier this semester on Netflix. Short and entertaining, I enjoyed it. The part with the dude making the homemade brake pads was...lung burning?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Watched that earlier this semester on Netflix. Short and entertaining, I enjoyed it. The part with the dude making the homemade brake pads was...lung burning?

No shit! I think that got my attention more than anything, the way he was just playing with asbestos with NO protection whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        No shit! I think that got my attention more than anything, the way he was just playing with asbestos with NO protection whatsoever.
        As many cigars they smoke over there on a daily, I don't think it really matters to their lungs at this point.
        Big Rooster Racing
        85' Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

great movie, it was pretty cool watching how they handmade everything
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Documentary looking at the cars that are left in Cuba since before the embargo, which most consists of 40s and 50s American cars, and what the guys over there have to go through to keep them running. Pretty interesting seeing the stuff they build from scratch just to keep their cars on the road. It's on Netflix streaming.
            will download tonight.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

lol @ the Ito brake pads shop.... you're right that's crazy. Really is amazing what they do over there. Almost seems like a NAPA would ruin their fun.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
              X