No announcement yet.

Drum Solo Week on Letterman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounded to me as if he was out of time with the hi-hat when he switched over to the electronic kit but I was half asleep when I watched. Either way, it was a new solo of his that I hadn't heard before. I'll watch it again later and probably save it to the dvr until I see them in concert again. Still haven't seen roy haynes but haven't been disppointed with any of the performances so far.

For what it's worth, Paul sent me a message last night saying Neil's solo "was ballz." fuckin jackass bald asshole.
    Last edited by Geor!; 06-10-2011, 01:09 PM.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      Sounded to me as if he was out of time with the hi-hat when he switched over to the electronic kit but I was half asleep when I watched. Either way, it was a new solo of his that I hadn't heard before. I'll watch it again later and probably save it to the dvr until I see them in concert again. Still haven't seen roy haynes but haven't been disppointed with any of the performances so far.

For what it's worth, Paul sent me a message last night saying Neil's solo "was ballz." fuckin jackass bald asshole.
      I'd never seen/heard the solo before, I'm assuming it's new. I heard what you heard with the hi-hat on the electric kit, but it was constant throughout the time he spent on the kit so I've got to imagine that it was just a combination of some funky sounding syncopation and the electronic instrumentation sounding strange; I just don't see him being off like that for more than a bar, if at all.

Solid solo, though

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        And here's Neil's performance. The man is simply amazing!
        Big band skills for sure. In that respect I really wish Buddy Rich and Bonham were still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Big band skills for sure. In that respect I really wish Buddy Rich and Bonham were still alive.
          He's incorporated a bit of that sound into each of his solo's within the past 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            There's been a lot of that big band/Buddy Rich flair in his solos for the past several years since he's been playing the Buddy Rich memorial shows. I think it's a little cold and clinical sounding, to be honest, but still impressive I guess.

Comment

They couldn't get Louie Bellson to play?

Comment

No Simon Phillips..no care!
                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Drum solo week part 2, next week.

Tony Royster, Jr.
                  Gavin Harrison
                  Stewart Copeland
                  Dennis Chambers

Really excited to see Gavin Harrison, TRJ and Dennis Chambers. Stewart Copeland? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    Drum solo week part 2, next week.

Tony Royster, Jr.
                    Gavin Harrison
                    Stewart Copeland
                    Dennis Chambers

Really excited to see Gavin Harrison, TRJ and Dennis Chambers. Stewart Copeland? Not so much.
                    Not excited to see Copeland? Heresy!

Comment

Mike Portnoy? Neil Peart?

edit: wait nm, Neil already did it apparently

Isolated drums on Tom Sawyer - some of you might find this interesting

Last edited by CJ; 08-20-2011, 06:06 PM.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

this place needs more polyrythms.

Originally posted by 56482
                        only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

TRJ fucking killed it last night!

Gavin better bring his A-game tonight because that was a fucking stellar performance!

Comment

Working...
                            X