Elysium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elysium

Elysium is a 2013 American science fiction film written and directed by Neill Blomkamp. The film stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, and William Fichtner. Elysium is scheduled to be released on March 1, 2013.

Elysium is set on another planet in the far future. The film will combine sociopolitical ideas and action.

Elysium is written and directed by Neill Blomkamp, who previously directed District 9 (2009). In January of 2011, the independent studio Media Rights Capital met with major studios to present Elysium, and Blomkamp shared art designs of his proposed science fiction film. Sony Pictures acquired the project by making a more attractive offer than the other studios. With a production budget of $125 million,filming began in July of 2011.

Here are some virals that they have put out so far.

Not too sure about the second video but the first one has me intrigued.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

And I was thinking about a certain nightclub in Austin...

The first one is interesting, although I thought it'd be a pathogen that targeted certain genetic markers or something, but that seems a bit more fiction than science. The cant towards climate change was a bit, expected, I guess. Eugenics as a science fiction subject matter is always intriguing.

wtf is the second about. Is that related?
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
      And I was thinking about a certain nightclub in Austin...

The first one is interesting, although I thought it'd be a pathogen that targeted certain genetic markers or something, but that seems a bit more fiction than science. The cant towards climate change was a bit, expected, I guess. Eugenics as a science fiction subject matter is always intriguing.

wtf is the second about. Is that related?
      It was linked along with the other one. The article said these two virals are connected to the movie. I don't know about the second one.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Hooray, more climate change horseshit!
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Trailer finally out for this.

Comment

It's gonna be scary good, or scary bad. Kinda like District 9. Just depends on who watches it and what kind of mood they're in.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Elysium is scheduled to be released on March 1, 2013.

So, where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                Elysium is scheduled to be released on March 1, 2013.

So, where is it?
                Comes out August 9th. Here's the latest trailer.

Comment

I thought that was a hippy commune north of Atlanta?

Comment

William Fitchner is the shit. I'll be watching this, even if it isn't really a movie I would typically watch.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Fuck Matt Damon. I'm sure it's got a political undertone if his dumb ass is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        Fuck Matt Damon. I'm sure it's got a political undertone if his dumb ass is in it.
                        Never really associated him with politically charged movies.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

So, did anyone catch this? Worth to go or wait?

Comment

I liked it. Its a very well done movie, the sfx and cgi are outstanding (for the most part)

as trip pointed out the political tone to the movie is center stage (I wont spoil it) and in my eyes should have been toned down some

side note it was funny watching the bumbling hero of district 9 be the antagonist of Elysium

Comment

From previews, it reminded me of District 9. I actually liked that movie and the CGI was awesome in it as well. I might catch it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X