The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I knew she was a Southern girl but didn't know she was local. She was also a major character in The Unit. She played Brown's wife.
    Is that who it was? I always thought she was pretty cute on The Unit. Didn't recognize her last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
      And that is of what relevance? We aren't making a TV show in which spelling heavily influences the plot line.
      You're completely right. We're talking about a show where a bunch of people who probably haven't used a gun in their lives are supposed to know everything about them.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        You're completely right. We're talking about a show where a bunch of people who probably haven't used a gun in their lives are supposed to know everything about them.
        Like a police officer who would have an ar15 in his trunk? It was hilariously stupid writing.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Like a police officer who would have an ar15 in his trunk? It was hilariously stupid writing.
          Let's not forget the cadet who said she had a "standard issue Smith and Wesson..." Not quite as bad, but still it's a noteworthy pile of crap.

Comment

• I like the change in direction. As soon as the Gov. laid the pipe to the new chick, I knew he was still batshit crazy and hadn't changed. I think they gave that up a little early and could have stretched the whole lone wolf crazy beard thing a little further to make people think he really was a changed man.

Comment

• There is a book called The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor and this last episode was essentially the exact same as a part of that book. The only difference is the timeline was before Woodbury and he was kicked out after he raped the younger sister. Everything else was the exact same.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Let's not forget the cadet who said she had a "standard issue Smith and Wesson..." Not quite as bad, but still it's a noteworthy pile of crap.
                At least it was actually an M&P
                Last edited by Probie; 11-20-2013, 12:44 AM.
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  There is a book called The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor and this last episode was essentially the exact same as a part of that book. The only difference is the timeline was before Woodbury and he was kicked out after he raped the younger sister. Everything else was the exact same.
                  So what happens next??

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                    So what happens next??
                    Well, in the book it was before woodbury, Phillip raped the younger ssiter, moved on, penny got killed, he went batshit crazy, landed in woodbury and took over. There is a good twist in the book that I wont say.

Basically, I have no idea.

Comment

• Frank Darabont was interviewed about Mob city and they asked about his exit from the Walking Dead

Frank Darabont is getting ready to launch his new noir gangster series Mob City on TNT and as a result, he's been doing press for the first time since his departure from AMC's The Walking Dead. The Oscar-nominated filmmaker developed the zombie series and served as showrunner until he and the network had a very public parting of the ways early into production on Season 2.

During a recent interview with Variety, Darabont said he no longer watched the series and called the executives who fired him, "sociopaths who don’t give a s**t about your feelings or the feelings of your cast and crew."

We had the opportunity to sit down with Darabont today to talk about Mob City. During the course of our conversation, we touched upon the reasons for his firing from The Walking Dead and the impact it had on a cast and crew that he'd handpicked and had strong, long-term, relationships with.

IGN: Were there any lessons that you took from your experience working with AMC on The Walking Dead that you brought into your work on Mob City?

Frank Darabont: Work with nice people. Otherwise don't show up. That's the lesson.

IGN: You recently said that you don't watch The Walking Dead and haven't kept up with the show since you left, which makes sense. You've also said that the priorities weren't caring for the cast and crew. What were the priorities? Was it just financial? Or were there creative differences as well?

Darabont: Money. Greed. Power mongering.

IGN: Were they simply not willing to provide the budget you needed in order to do what you needed to do?

Darabont: The big crux of our argument was budget. If somebody comes and hands you the biggest hit you've ever had you don't just say, 'Okay, now we're going to cut your budgets by 25% across the board. And we don't give a s**t if you care, if you don't like it.' That's just...I don't even understand that kind of thinking. Or how much punishment it visits upon the people who are actually making the show, which was incredibly difficult to begin with. Cutting your resources by a quarter in the following season so they work even longer hours and under harder circumstances? It's inhuman. I'll write a book about this one day.

IGN: Did you ever have a debrief with the cast and crew? At the time, it seemed like everyone was really afraid to comment.

Darabont: Oh yes, they were bullied, and threatened, and their livelihoods threatened, and there was some weight being thrown around. Like I said, I'll write a book. And there are a lot of people who will go on record. That are actually very keen to go on record, because like I said there are a lot of people who felt tremendously abused.

IGN: What were the conversations like? Jeffery DeMunn [who played Dale on The Walking Dead and plays Hal Morrison on Mob City] did end up leaving the show.

Darabont: Yeah, Jeff didn't want to stick around. Because Jeff is a human being and he's got a tremendous...he doesn't need the work. He doesn't have a very extravagant lifestyle and he wants peace of mind in his life. He's a very good and decent man that way; which is absolutely no reflection on anybody else who stayed with the production. Who had to stay with the production. Who were actually obliged to stay with the production. I actually had a few people, well more than a few people, call and say, 'What do you want us to do? We're thinking of walking off the set. I'm thinking of leaving. I'm thinking of quitting.' And I said do not do that for me. Don't do that. Don't confuse love or loyalty to me with taking some kind of stand that's only going to harm you. Don't expose yourself to legal action or retaliation, which you know these people will take. And just don't do it. It was heartwarming to hear people expressing that loyalty, but I didn't want anyone to compromise their livelihoods. I mean these people have to work and support their families.

IGN: And obviously Jon Bernthal [who played Shane on The Walking Dead] is your lead on Mob City, so staying with the show didn't hurt the relationship with you.

Darabont: Oh, yeah. Oh, I love that whole cast. And the crew. That was the thing, it was very much a family. It was a family like this [Mob City] is a family. So having that family torn apart for whatever reasons was very heartbreaking for everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ad-felt-abused
                        Frank Darabont was interviewed about Mob city and they asked about his exit from the Walking Dead
                        What did I tell you!
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          I think he was a Sheriff. Not sure if that matters or not.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Another forgettable episode last night.

Comment

• I like decent looking lesbians!

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                                I like decent looking lesbians!
                                Don't we all Jeff….don't we all.
                                Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Working...
                                X