No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just caught it last night, seems like their ammo dried up really fast. It's like they each had two mags and that was it.

I'd be going into a dark building strapped. And what was the Alexandrian that ran like a girl whispering into the sons ear? I thought I heard more homo statesments of "we both loved him" but I couldn't make it out.

Comment

• Think they will kill off a main character on the last episode?
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Think they will kill off a main character on the last episode?
        Norman said the finale is a heartbreaker, its also going to be 90 min

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          Norman said the finale is a heartbreaker, its also going to be 90 min
          I'm guessing carol or Glenn.. They're building them up a lot the last few episodes
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I'm guessing carol or Glenn.. They're building them up a lot the last few episodes
            I had the same thoughts

Comment

Hell they have focused on several of them lately. It will be interesting to see if they really do kill off glenn like he is supposed to go. I like his character and don't want to see him killed but I also want them to stay close to the source material. At this point though tbey have strayed so far it is hard to keep it extremely close. As long as they don't kill off daryl I won't be too mad. I figure daryl, carl, and rick are the only ones who are relatively safe. I really hope sasha gets killed off, and the douchebag priest.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                I really hope sasha gets killed off, and the douchebag priest.
                I dont know if the preist will go this season, I'm assuming sasha is dead in the finale along with one other

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                  I'd be going into a dark building strapped.
                  I always thought I'd find a full suit of medieval armor, perhaps in a museum somewhere. Or somehow make one. Then just go around killing every zombie in the area I wanted to be in, without fear. They can knaw on the metal all they like.
                  WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    I always thought I'd find a full suit of medieval armor, perhaps in a museum somewhere. Or somehow make one. Then just go around killing every zombie in the area I wanted to be in, without fear. They can knaw on the metal all they like.
                    Until 40-50 of them knock you over and rip it off you.. I think being stealthy is kind of important to survive in twd
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Until 40-50 of them knock you over and rip it off you.. I think being stealthy is kind of important to survive in twd
                      Built properly I don't think they'd be able to get it apart. And if you have a buddy with you, it wouldn't even matter if they swamped you cause he could just pick at the edge of the crowd until there weren't any left.
                      WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        I always thought I'd find a full suit of medieval armor
                        Plate is overkill, and would likely get you killed due to the fatigue (It's heavy), the visibility (medieval helmets were very poor), or the sound.

Chain would be a better option, a shark suit would be a great modern option

A better option would be heavy leather, or composite scale using modern materials

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                          Plate is overkill, and would likely get you killed due to the fatigue (It's heavy), the visibility (medieval helmets were very poor), or the sound.

Chain would be a better option, a shark suit would be a great modern option

A better option would be heavy leather, or composite scale using modern materials
                          You wouldn't want scale or mail. They'd let zombie juice accumulate, and get in any little scratch or scrape. You'd want something waterproof and tough enough that a z-bite couldn't give you a pinch injury, like a synthetic plate that's covered by the suit, so it presents a uniform surface outside.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            You wouldn't want scale or mail. They'd let zombie juice accumulate, and get in any little scratch or scrape. You'd want something waterproof and tough enough that a z-bite couldn't give you a pinch injury, like a synthetic plate that's covered by the suit, so it presents a uniform surface outside.
                            Since the twd has made the zjuice a non factor, I dont think it would really be a concern unless the wearer has some cuts, and isnt wearing anything under the armor. Traditionally a padded or linen was worn under the armor

Scale wouldnt allow much accumulation based on its overlapping design.

But yea there are plenty of cheap and easy to find materials that could be used to to make effective bite proof armor.

Comment

• Yeah you get the idea. There would be some trial and error. You could use dummies for that. Hell that guy that helped the governor made it out of duct tape and they couldn't even bite through that. Human jaw muscles aren't all that powerful, and these would be degraded human jaw muscles. So with a suit of armor made for the task, you'd almost be invulnerable to the zombies. If you had friends who also had suits, you pretty much would be cause they could help you out.

At the very least you could raid any building you wanted with impunity.

EDIT:

The plate might be overkill, but I don't think it would get you killed if you used it properly. Timing it right to where you didn't get fatigued before you were back to your safe zone. Someone who was in great shape (likely from always having to wear that plate) could stay out for what... 4 or 5 hours before they needed to be back to rest? My knowledge of mideval armor practices is small at best.
                              WH

Comment

• They were doing alright with the composite armor from the prison. I don't recall how they lost it, but it seems I would be looking for something similar... Hell, hit up a sporting goods store and deck out the team.

Except the preacher, he can fuck off.

Comment

Working...
                                X