X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
    Just watched it... holy fuck!!!

Spoiler in the white text below!!!

So apparently Ricks friend that Darryl found doesn't like guns. Do you think he's gonna be pissed since he just witnessed rick shooting a man in the head?
    you missed that he had an ar on his backpack

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
      I like some logic with my science fiction. If you knew a zombie(s) broke into your secure area, wouldn't you want to warn the people you care about? You're OK seeing a shot and beaten guy laying unarmed on the ground with 3 zombies on top of him getting away with no explanation? Or daytime suddenly turning to night? I realize this is a show about zombies, but small details can make a big difference.
      I really enjoy that the sight of any blade gets a "schwing" sound as well as anything any type of blade touches. Schwing, schwing, schwing. How the hell did that stupid detail remain for 5 seasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Daryl's bike sure sounded like a V-twin.....
        I don't know how I stumbled across this but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Originally posted by CWO View Post
        according to Talking Dead, Morgan has had a life-changing event and cherishes all human life now, good or bad. When he honked the horn in the car he was sleeping in and put the guys that attacked him into, he was checking to see if any walkers were near before putting them in. He wasn't calling attention to the car.
        Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        They show him exiting the car right after grabbing the rabbit foot, then the scene changes. How did you measure how long he was at the car?
        Well that's what the actor that plays Morgan said.... who is British/English btw and so is Rick, which is weird to me.
        I may have the order backwards, but he didn't honk the horn with the intention of attracting walkers.

Long story short, I don't think he is anti-gun. I think he is more um... pro-life
        So if you guys had not seen the Talking Dead, how would you know to assume he honked the horn to check to see if there were any nearby walkers? Just doesn't make sense. What other things about the episode should we assume without the actors not having told us on the Talking Dead?

I seriously doubt that before Morgan went to sleep in that car the night before, he honked the horn a few times and laid down/hung out to see if any walkers show up. And with those two knocked out and laying in the car, if he honked the horn and walkers come out, what's he going to do? Battle it out with them? He doesn't know if it's going to be a couple of walker or a large herd. Again, it just doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        If I remember right, he put them in the car first, honked the horn and then walked away. Probably another editing oversight.
        Like what was said above, it doesn't show it one way or the other. But I'm with you, if there intentions were for Morgan to honk the horn to see if there are any walkers around, if it's an editing oversight on their part it's pretty stupid IMO.

Just like Glen going after that guy. After all he's been through, that he would get caught like that? The fact that he picked the wall in front of Glen to climb over just screams TRAP! And Rick... to much I see wrong about him the past couple of episodes to go over LOL!

But all that being said, I liked the episode and I'm watching it over again right now.

Comment

• Sorry it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure why it matters where the information came from, it's what happened. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Morgan could have obviously killed those two guys that ambushed him, but he didn't. He just wacked them in the head a few times and put them in the abandoned car.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
            Sorry it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure why it matters where the information came from, it's what happened. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Morgan could have obviously killed those two guys that ambushed him, but he didn't. He just wacked them in the head a few times and put them in the abandoned car.
            Hey, if I was pissed off at someone, I'd leave them for the walkers rather than a quick death. I'd honk the horn and let them get surrounded. Sort of like what happened with Darryl and Aaron.

And yes it does matter because the writers and what not are leaving serious holes in the story. Unless that's their "gimmick" with the Talking Dead. To make you have to watch it to fill in the holes in the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
              I don't know how I stumbled across this but I thought it was pretty interesting.
              Damn I want that bike now. I'm not a bike guy, is there a term for the type of bike that was?
              WH

Comment

• Jose, thanks for posting that video. I wanted to know what went into that bike. It's got a great look to it. Love the gold anodized forks and asymmetrical headlight.

Finally got to watch the finale last night and loved it. That is absolutely how you wrap up a season.

That's not to say that I didn't see some of the flaws too, but they were minor concerns. Great show.

Comment

Hey, if I was pissed off at someone, I'd leave them for the walkers rather than a quick death. I'd honk the horn and let them get surrounded. Sort of like what happened with Darryl and Aaron.

And yes it does matter because the writers and what not are leaving serious holes in the story. Unless that's their "gimmick" with the Talking Dead. To make you have to watch it to fill in the holes in the story.
                  I don't think that's their gimmick. I just think people see things differently and take away their interpretation when they watch the show.

Just like when Sasha took a rest on a pile of walkers. Why do you think she did that? After watching Talking Dead I could tell you, but let's discuss it first. Then, at the end of our different opinions I can tell you the thought from the directors view of that scene. Then you can tell me how you may or may not make sense of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    I don't think that's their gimmick. I just think people see things differently and take away their interpretation when they watch the show.

Just like when Sasha took a rest on a pile of walkers. Why do you think she did that? After watching Talking Dead I could tell you, but let's discuss it first. Then, at the end of our different opinions I can tell you the thought from the directors view of that scene. Then you can tell me how you may or may not make sense of it.
                    Sure we can do that but it still doesn't answer the first argument. Without having seen the Talking Dead a lot of things can be interpreted differently. We can debate it all day but in the end I think it was done poorly if it was not clear what his intentions were.

As far as Sasha. I think she's gotten desensitized with everything going on around her. She's probably a little borderline crazy and more so suicidal.

So what did the director/actor/writers/whatever say? Maybe do it in white lettering or PM it to me so we can keep the debate going with everyone else.

Again, I think that the writing has been pretty poor the whole series. Lots of things could have been done better but of course this is all in hindsight. The comic book is much better IMO. That being said, I'll continue to watch and bitch about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Damn I want that bike now. I'm not a bike guy, is there a term for the type of bike that was?
                      Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Jose, thanks for posting that video. I wanted to know what went into that bike. It's got a great look to it. Love the gold anodized forks and asymmetrical headlight.

Finally got to watch the finale last night and loved it. That is absolutely how you wrap up a season.

That's not to say that I didn't see some of the flaws too, but they were minor concerns. Great show.
                      Ya I thought the bike build video was pretty cool. And I like how they integrated a holder for his cross bow. They could have easily just had him slinging across his back but it would be something I think Daryl would have added if he built the bike.

Comment

Sure we can do that but it still doesn't answer the first argument. Without having seen the Talking Dead a lot of things can be interpreted differently. We can debate it all day but in the end I think it was done poorly if it was not clear what his intentions were.

As far as Sasha. I think she's gotten desensitized with everything going on around her. She's probably a little borderline crazy and more so suicidal.

So what did the director/actor/writers/whatever say? Maybe do it in white lettering or PM it to me so we can keep the debate going with everyone else.

Again, I think that the writing has been pretty poor the whole series. Lots of things could have been done better but of course this is all in hindsight. The comic book is much better IMO. That being said, I'll continue to watch and bitch about it.
                        The actor that plays Morgan said he has signed on for at least one more episode. That's all he was 'allowed' to say. Apparently his resurfacing was a huge secret, so much in fact that they made him stay at a different hotel than everyone else and made the hotel owners and other patrons sign a confidentiality agreement.

The fact that he didn't kill the Wolves that ambushed him by bashing their heads in (or going after the gun that dropped to use it on his attackers) but did try to use it on a walker; uses a staff as a primary weapon, and even tries to clean it as he goes; and saved Daryl and the other guy from that car without knowing who they were is a glimpse of what they were trying to get across. He is a changed man and looks at life, real life, differently now. It didn't make sense to me at the time of airing, but it makes perfect sense after hearing the explanation.

I feel that Sasha's character feels more at home with the walkers than she does being safe behind the walls of the town. Her lying down with the walkers probably feels more natural than playing tea party and discussing the weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          I like some logic with my science fiction. If you knew a zombie(s) broke into your secure area, wouldn't you want to warn the people you care about? You're OK seeing a shot and beaten guy laying unarmed on the ground with 3 zombies on top of him getting away with no explanation? Or daytime suddenly turning to night? I realize this is a show about zombies, but small details can make a big difference.
                          Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Daryl taking out 3 zombies with 1 chain whip
                          Well you've got to assume that their heads are partially decayed. That would produce a big weakness that a living, normal, healthy human head just wouldn't have. So a hard staff that is somewhat heavy, swung pretty hard, would likely do the job just fine. As for the chain thing, I can see two being taken down at most. Definitely not 3 unless it was already missing most of its head to begin with. It would have been much more plausible for the chain to bust through one head, then have the end of it start wrapping around the second head and he kicks the zombie and the head comes off.

Also, again with the bike question. What is the "type" of bike? If there even is one.
                          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Well you've got to assume that their heads are partially decayed
                            Him thats interesting considering dinosaur skulls lasted long enough to become fossilized

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                              Him thats interesting considering dinosaur skulls lasted long enough to become fossilized
                              Not the same conditions. Often those were very well preserved.
                              WH

Comment

• I certainly got the fact that Morgan has turned over a new leaf and respects life, but from the show alone I didn't get the impression he was calling walkers with the horn honk. He didn't hang around long enough to protect them against the walkers either. The only conclusion I could draw was that he was given some sort of indication to to the wolves people that may or may not be around Morgan's camp site.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X