No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what's not to like? That was some serious zombie killin' awesomeness. Straying from the comic doesn't bother me simply because I like being surprised.

That said...spoiler...They should have met Tyrese by now/spoiler. And I do have a problem with that. One of my favorite characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      I don't know what's not to like? That was some serious zombie killin' awesomeness. Straying from the comic doesn't bother me simply because I like being surprised.
      Well even in the comics it wasn't all about killing zombies, it was more of the struggle between the group and it told their survival story. With that said, the logic is really pissing me off, case in point in the season finale at the CDC center. Tons of automatic weapons and ammo, why NOT load up before you left. Another, why keep rolling around in the piece of shit RV when there are a ton of cars around or even a car dealership etc.. They complain about gas yet there are cars everywhere, all those water jugs and we didn't see the team take any of them (yet i'm sure we'll hear them complain about water soon).

I dunno, it started out good but has fell short imo on every aspect. I do love a good zombie movie/show but the constant logic fail is starting to piss me off.

The only smart one is (I can't recall his name) is the guy with the crossbow.

Also I've read that this season won't follow the comic too closely in that they will start killing off characters Game of Thrones style, so no one is safe. And with the budget cut the show experienced, I doubt we'll see too much more cool shit.

Comment

• So I take it you're a "glass is half empty" kind of guy?

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
          Well even in the comics it wasn't all about killing zombies, it was more of the struggle between the group and it told their survival story. With that said, the logic is really pissing me off, case in point in the season finale at the CDC center. Tons of automatic weapons and ammo, why NOT load up before you left. Another, why keep rolling around in the piece of shit RV when there are a ton of cars around or even a car dealership etc.. They complain about gas yet there are cars everywhere, all those water jugs and we didn't see the team take any of them (yet i'm sure we'll hear them complain about water soon).

I dunno, it started out good but has fell short imo on every aspect. I do love a good zombie movie/show but the constant logic fail is starting to piss me off.

The only smart one is (I can't recall his name) is the guy with the crossbow.
          Also I've read that this season won't follow the comic too closely in that they will start killing off characters Game of Thrones style, so no one is safe. And with the budget cut the show experienced, I doubt we'll see too much more cool shit.
          Yup. You would think with two cops there, that they would have more situational awareness and a knack for foraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            So I take it you're a "glass is half empty" kind of guy?

lol
            Ha I guess

Heres another one, if electricity is out how did the electric bell work at that church? I know it's hard to find logic in tv shows, but when it's that bad I get irritated.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              Yup. You would think with two cops there, that they would have more situational awareness and a knack for foraging.
              They teach cops to forage??

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                They teach cops to forage??
                Narcotics units do it all the time.

Comment

Ha I guess

Heres another one, if electricity is out how did the electric bell work at that church? I know it's hard to find logic in tv shows, but when it's that bad I get irritated.
                  Battery back up? If nothing else is running on it, I can see that bell lasting for a long time.

As for the other stuff: It seemed to me that they were getting everything they could from parked cars. (food/water/supplies)

Dale's RV lasted quite a while in the comic, and I have to figure that they're just sticking to it because of that. When reading the comic, it never occurred to me that they could jack a better, newer RV.

As for that loud-ass chopper, I don't know. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

Ha I guess

We asked the same question....at this point, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, say that the bell had a battery back-up, and that the zombies couldn't smell them as they hid under the cars, because there were tons of dead bodies around masking the smell of live flesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                      We asked the same question....at this point, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, say that the bell had a battery back-up, and that the zombies couldn't smell them as they hid under the cars, because there were tons of dead bodies around masking the smell of live flesh.
                      According to Robert Kirkman (creator and writer of TWD), the zombies don't turn into blood hounds when they change. They use the lack of putrid-death smell to help them identify the living. Covering ones self in that nasty and giving them no other reason to notice you is a pretty god game plan for avoiding detection, but being out of sight can be enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                        Well remember in the first season when they drenched themselves in the zombie blood? They had to be pretty close to the zombies for them to even notice them, the ones in further away seemed almost oblivious to them.

I need to find the SD card I had the comics on so I can reread some of the sections.

Comment

Well remember in the first season when they drenched themselves in the zombie blood? They had to be pretty close to the zombies for them to even notice them, the ones in further away seemed almost oblivious to them.

I need to find the SD card I had the comics on so I can reread some of the sections.
                          I do. I that's why I figured zombies could smell live flesh, rather than smelling a lack of death.

Comment

• I need to watch this new show, still have it on the DVR. I was listening to some station on iTunes the other day, this song called Flesh eater by The Autobots Vs Screwface came on, got me wanting to see it even more now! Damn song is stuck in my head now too... Youtube has several versions, most of the video portions suck.

Comment

• I just watched this show for the first time. Got caught up on Netflix. It's good, but I am getting annoyed by the story. Nearly every episode is the exact same. Cop thinks everything is his responsibility, his wife constantly looks like a deer in headlights, and one of the group always goes missing which leads to everyone else taking precious time and effort to try and find their dumb asses.

The white trash redneck is the smartest one there. Quiet, recycles ammo, good tracker, good hunter and knows a lost cause when he sees one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                I just watched this show for the first time. Got caught up on Netflix. It's good, but I am getting annoyed by the story. Nearly every episode is the exact same. Cop thinks everything is his responsibility, his wife constantly looks like a deer in headlights, and one of the group always goes missing which leads to everyone else taking precious time and effort to try and find their dumb asses.

The white trash redneck is the smartest one there. Quiet, recycles ammo, good tracker, good hunter and knows a lost cause when he sees one.
                                Except for the fact that he drives a harley.

Comment

Working...
                                X