No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daryl has a new show coming on AMC so I'm leaning towards him on the other end of the bat.

Comment

• Thinking as a bad guy in Negans position.

Women are valuable as they can be used to reward your troops, plus traditionally they serve well as the gathers in a hunter gather society.
      wimps, wounded and children arent in position to challenge authority killing them just creates hate fuel
      killing an alpha/ leader, can create a martyr, it can also destabilize a weak social structure
      killing a strong individual will show the assertion of dominance but can motivate the leader

If you pair some of that thinking with the amount of closure Abraham and Eugene had during the episode I think its going to be one of them (most likely Abraham) if the show doesnt follow the comic book

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
        Daryl has a new show coming on AMC so I'm leaning towards him on the other end of the bat.
        its only 6 episodes, and theres more money as a cross promotional tool if he survives

Comment

• On the bright side, I am looking forward to the comedian getting his fun on next season.

Can we just kill the whole crew off and start over with his story? Much more interesting.

Comment

• They all survive. Dumpster shows up to save the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
              Daryl has a new show coming on AMC so I'm leaning towards him on the other end of the bat.
              They aired comercials during this episode specifically to make you think that. Daryl is the face of walking dead merchandise; they make a lot of money off that. I doubt they kill off Dary until the last season. Norman really enjoys working on the show so it is doubtful he would voluntarily leave. I just think they known how popular he is and are purposefully doing all that to make people guess and worry.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                Thinking as a bad guy in Negans position.

Women are valuable as they can be used to reward your troops, plus traditionally they serve well as the gathers in a hunter gather society.
                wimps, wounded and children arent in position to challenge authority killing them just creates hate fuel
                killing an alpha/ leader, can create a martyr, it can also destabilize a weak social structure
                killing a strong individual will show the assertion of dominance but can motivate the leader

If you pair some of that thinking with the amount of closure Abraham and Eugene had during the episode I think its going to be one of them (most likely Abraham) if the show doesnt follow the comic book
                Don't forget about Glenn's outburst and obvious connection to Maggie. Killing him would make for a big impact without taking out an alpha which might cause more resistance and will to fight. Negan wants leaders and alphas broken so the others follow, therefore Rick and Abraham are safe. He seemed to like the fact Abraham looked him in the eye as if offering himself as a sacrifice and acted like that wasn't who he wanted. Daryll had been shot, beaten, and had his head down the entire time. He looked broken as well, and was previously a strong alpha. Eugene is a puss, plus if Negan knows anything about the group or if Eugene talked during his beating they know he is has some brains. Negan wants smart but weak people to work for him and Eugene is perfect for that. Glenn was the only non-alpha male who stood up and fought back to an extent, who appeared anxious and had to be restrained. My money is on glenn for now. Hwever I agree Daryl would make alot of sense for shock value, but they lose money and it would surrise me to see that happen.

Comment

• Possibe spoilers below about who got beaten, supposedly. Someone slowed down the audio so you can kind of make out the screams and yelling.

Comment

• Hopefully it was Glenn... him screaming and crying like that pissed me off.

Comment

• They've really stuck to the comics this season as best as they can. Even Negan's line of "its going to be pee pee city" was from the comics I believe.

Glenn got his head smashed in the comics, it's going to be him. And thankfully, I am so tired of him slowly becoming a woman...and his mustache is terrible.

Abraham gets a bullet to the brain sometime during the Negan war, so they can't kill him yet, he has to fulfill his destiny.

Comment

• I really have not cared for the way they have developed the story this season. First there is Carol turning into a crybaby when she is an ice cold killer. Then the situation in the finale where Rick lets all tactical thinking go out the window to try to get Maggie to the Hilltop. The Saviors actually did them a favor by dividing their force into these multiple immovable roadblocks. The first two at least should have been assaulted from the flanks and destroyed. I see this pattern a lot in the show, the characters become fools when it suits the storyline. Like the episode where they are all starving and Darryl is crying. Darrell is supposedly an outdoorsy redneck hillbilly, all he needs is a fishing pole (available at any deserted Wal-Mart or bait shop) and he can eat all he wants. Instead they make him break down in tears.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          I really have not cared for the way they have developed the story this season. First there is Carol turning into a crybaby when she is an ice cold killer. Then the situation in the finale where Rick lets all tactical thinking go out the window to try to get Maggie to the Hilltop. The Saviors actually did them a favor by dividing their force into these multiple immovable roadblocks. The first two at least should have been assaulted from the flanks and destroyed. I see this pattern a lot in the show, the characters become fools when it suits the storyline. Like the episode where they are all starving and Darryl is crying. Darrell is supposedly an outdoorsy redneck hillbilly, all he needs is a fishing pole (available at any deserted Wal-Mart or bait shop) and he can eat all he wants. Instead they make him break down in tears.
                          To be fair people react different when hungry, thirsty, tired, and stressed. Everyone has a breaking point. And we are observers arm chair quarterbacking when in reality in this situation you have to make a split second decision based on facts you know. Instinct for Rick was not to fight yet. Wrong choice given the outcome, but other times not fighting was right. People make bad choices. We all have, and in an apocalyptic scenario we all would still. Watching the show (having only read the comics to the end of prison) my gut instinct was fight the first road block. That could have also been a bad decision as we don't know what was past that. But for them it was life or death, and you think a bit differently then. I just hope if shtf and I make the wrong choice, it doesn't get me or mine killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                            To be fair people react different when hungry, thirsty, tired, and stressed. Everyone has a breaking point. And we are observers arm chair quarterbacking when in reality in this situation you have to make a split second decision based on facts you know. Instinct for Rick was not to fight yet. Wrong choice given the outcome, but other times not fighting was right. People make bad choices. We all have, and in an apocalyptic scenario we all would still. Watching the show (having only read the comics to the end of prison) my gut instinct was fight the first road block. That could have also been a bad decision as we don't know what was past that. But for them it was life or death, and you think a bit differently then. I just hope if shtf and I make the wrong choice, it doesn't get me or mine killed.
                            Not really armchair quarterbacking, as this is just a TV show. I am just saying it doesn't mesh well with the way that the characters have developed of late. I just don't think that the Rick of this season would have a psychological breaking point. They got corralled into that ending without firing a shot at any of those people. It just doesn't sit right with me for the story. There should have been much more killing before he gave up.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Not really armchair quarterbacking, as this is just a TV show. I am just saying it doesn't mesh well with the way that the characters have developed of late. I just don't think that the Rick of this season would have a psychological breaking point. They got corralled into that ending without firing a shot at any of those people. It just doesn't sit right with me for the story. There should have been much more killing before he gave up.
                              Ok, arm chaor quarterback may not be the right term, but think of it lik this. We have seen Rick go scorched earth; he has th capability vs season 1 or 2. He also has his judgement from before shtf, and his experiance after where gut reaction fucked the group, the attack on the saviors without proper intel as a good example. Rick thought waiting and not engaging was the answer; his concern was not to fight but to get Maggie help, wait, and engage on their terms. Not really out of character as he has been back and forth the entire series of keeping old world morals, being nice, don't kill the living vs kill the fuck out of everyone he doesn't know. This falls right in line with that personal conflict he has, and being the leader plus having a sick friend in a medical emergency, the others fell right in line. And again, we don't know what kind of backup the saviors had at the first two road blocks. Both descisions to fight or flee could have ended the same way for all we know.

Comment

• I thought it was a good finale and great season. One thing I kept thinking... that RPG they used on the bikers sure would have come in handy for the roadblocks.

I agree on the pussification of Carol, I didn't care for that. Seemed to come out of left field and was a complete 180 for her character.

Comment

Working...
                                X